Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Sharing a pic from a bit earlier down at the lake. Wearing my VS Wanderer in a light weight granite felt. The temp is warming up and I have taken the liner out.

IMG_6015-M.jpg

Back at work and reflecting on the relaxing cup of coffee down at the lake, Eric -

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
HamilCarB, great choice!

Eric, the VS looks outstanding. Granite always seems to surprise me, being a much more complex color than I expect it to be. Thanks for your insightful words on my Tumwater recently, too.

Manfred, this is my Lee "All-American," a simple and sharp, no bull C- crown.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Ale, I said I would not argue ...not discuss.
My point being I thought the FA thread was for the photos of you out and about wearing your hats.
And the WHAYWT thread was for a few shots of what you are wearing.
I have no problem being wrong [ I am wrong much of the time]and I too will miss the FA thread.
Most times on my phone I dont have time for all the photos to load on the FA so I wait till I'm home to check it.
That is why I enjoy the WHAYWT thread. I can see some shots quickly.
Anyway, if someone wants to restart a FA thread that would be fine I would think.

RBH, I just read the discussion on the recent merging of FA and WHAYWT.
Personally, I fully agree with Al and Ale. The reasoning behind the merging escapes me completely.
Not being a contributor to either of these threads, this is only the humble opinion of an admirer of Al's travel images and of the work of all the other contributors.

Al's high resolution pics do take a bit of time to load the page, but with the separate FA thread it used to work rather well, I thought.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Hmm. I'd like to make one more comment on this issue of merging the two "big hat wearing threads".

I just tried to follow some sequencial FA posts buried in the WHAYWT thread. It's rather difficult to do, to put it mildly.

Like Al said, the FA thread is, for all practical purposes, eliminated.

On the pragmatic side - there's no (technical) chance of un-doing the merging, I suppose, is there?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Great Stetson sir, and fantastic scenery
Joao - great photos again - I always enjoy seeing your landscape. Looking good in the Stetson too.
Joao, great hat and look, like the landscape with the lighthouse!
Joao Encarnado: That stetson looks really good on you. I´m a bit jealous :)
Thank you all :)

Seeing Joao's photos of the Portuguese coast and its similarity to the Northern California coast inspired my wife and I to take a trip up to the remote coastal village of Mendocino today.
Looks to be a nice place. ;)

20130904.jpg

^^ 20x buckskin Diamond Horseshoe Resistol

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
AL - great photos and great hats. Still straw weather here too.

TJones. Great job on the Stetson restoration and nice donegal.

Andy - a pair of great champs.

dh66 - fun resistol.

Sam - congratulations!

David - glad you're reunited. I'm not sure the two hat look will start a trend though ;) Nice brent black too.

g.d and Eric - lovely strats.

AnA - looks great without the binding.

Perry - Lovely Playboy.

Jeff - i'm envious of that Lee.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HCB - great Knox

Eric - I love that granite grey colour - very versatile.

winter_joe - that's a real beauty.

Mike - That's a great stingy. I enjoy wider brims, but there's something about stingies I find fun.

Joao - The Resistol looks great on you.

------------------------------------------

On the subject of merged threads, I tend to save any photo heavy threads, including this one, until I'm at a PC so it doesn't really bother me. I enjoy both the short shots of daily headwear and the longer photo essays. If having multiple photos in this thread does cause some users problems, perhaps just a gentleman's agreement to limit posts to 1-3 shots in this thread and post longer series in the revived Fedora's afield is all that's required? It would be a shame to lose posters in this thread and a shame to lose the photo essays.

---------------------------------------------

Meeting with senior management today, so back to a serious suit. A little warm for even an unlined felt though (vintage Christy's (early 50's?) ):

+1 I'd hate to have the difficult job of a bartender
I agree. It's an underappreciated task in which you have to be bartender, bouncer, referee, babysitter, judge, jury, and/or executioner at any given moment. Compared to some of the forums I frequent, I have to say the 'tenders here are very fair and level-headed, so :yo: to them!

I agree. It's an underappreciated task in which you have to be bartender, bouncer, referee, babysitter, judge, jury, and/or executioner at any given moment. Compared to some of the forums I frequent, I have to say the 'tenders here are very fair and level-headed, so :yo: to them!

Agreed, we also have fairly respectable patrons, very few barfights.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko