Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Nik. PayPal later today.

I'm making the most of my straw hats since the autumn is approaching. Portis milan today.

smugshot_6681951-L.jpg

Yesterday, VS steel... View attachment 4012

And now that I have a better understanding of the issues, my posts here will be one or two photos. Only (ever) using a notebook computer, I had no idea of the difficulties caused by too many photos. Sorry for the many multiples of misplaced moments.

All great hats here, and I don't want to miss a one!!!

Happy holiday today to all those for whom it is appropriate!

Last edited:

job

One Too Many
David, I would wear that Portis milan as much as I could before it gets too cold.
Andy, I knew you liked Akubras and Borsalinos but some of the vintage hats you have been wearing lately are very nice.

Today I am wearing a Tesi sisol straw hat.

sept52013002_zps43f114ec.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
David - lovely Milan. I must try and find a vintage Milan before next Summer.

Charlie - great colour and a great tilt.

Andy - I'm really enjoying those Champs - they look great on you. Thanks for the comment on the christys' - the vintage ones are nice hats (the new ones aren't bad, but the felt shrinks too much for my liking).

John - very nice sisal.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Andy, I knew you liked Akubras and Borsalinos but some of the vintage hats you have been wearing lately are very nice.

John - you're right about Akubras and Borsalinos. Thing is, I don't enjoy wearing fedoras that have had a lot of use. And so I purchase mostly new hats. Or I look for vintage fedoras that show little to no wear. When I find them, which is rare, I buy. I found a couple Champs recently that had no wear. And a Royal Stetson is on its way here - has a mark on one side of the crown, but shows no wear inside. Been sitting in its box for 60 years.

And I envy your ability to wear straws. I've worn mine only once or twice this year. Strangest summer in Cleveland I can remember.

David, nice Milan, glad you're still having some summer weather there. We will be on the North Shore in a couple of weeks and I hope it continues.
HatsRme, nice photo and nicer VS.
Your Champ is a champ OG.
John, good looking Sisal. I like your eyewear too.
8a3l.jpg

Royal Stetsonian today.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
David, nice Milan, glad you're still having some summer weather there. We will be on the North Shore in a couple of weeks and I hope it continues.
HatsRme, nice photo and nicer VS.
Your Champ is a champ OG.
John, good looking Sisal. I like your eyewear too.
8a3l.jpg

Royal Stetsonian today.

Wow - that's a great crown on that Royal Stetsonian. Is that an underwelt on the brim?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. The 62'F weather and a breeze meant sweater and felt hat. My Cameo was the hat choice this morning. The Lee Cameo was a lesser priced fedora in the 1950's, but I think it is "styling." The taupe color, excellent felt composition and clean ribbon work make it a favorite.

IMG_6021-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Great morning of fine hats fellows
Every hat is a winner !

Sam, Congrats to your newly arrived baby boy !
You proud hatted papa !

Perry, the classic Stetson your sportin is fedoratastic

All beautiful hats everyone

ManofKent

Eric - that Lee is lovely. It's sad to think that what were comparatively inexpensive hats then are so much nicer than pretty much any off the shelf hat today.

ManofKent

If the forecast is to be believed this is the last hot day for a while. Christys' Linen cap.

I'm not sure why I'm smiling - I've just been diagnosed with Gout. Considering I'm not a heavy drinker and my diet has been pretty much vegetarian for the last 20yrs it came as a bit of a surprise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112