Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayser Spezial

9689354566_4531ba71d5_c.jpg

...Today CRM Sand. This has turned into one of my favorite hats. Extremely light and moldable with a nice snap brim.
IMG_7944.JPG
Y'know, I'm really starting to dislike you. Not only do you have a wonderful selection of hats, every one of which you look good in, but it appears you can also wear them while driving. When I try to wear either of my hats while driving, (yes, I only have the two...for now) the crown hits the headliner and the brim hits the headrest regardless of whether I'm driving my truck or my wife's SUV. :Cry:

;)

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Hello, gentlemen. Fine hats you're all sporting, very nice selections today. ManofKent, it may be a little late but I wish you the best.

Today I wore my Knox hat. Lowered the crown a little and curled the brim so it doesn't appear too big.

5sulb5Z.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks - and you have my sympathy too. The doctor definitely seemed confused when he couldn't tell me to cut down on meat and fish... My gut feeling is my attack was probably brought on by a period of stress combined with slight dehydration. Diet is an interesting one - there seems to be a lot of contradictory studies on the influence of purine in vegetable sources - I think it's going to be a case of watch what I eat and monitor effects. It's interesting that if you tell someone you're using a tick because you've got arthritis you get a quite different response to telling them you've got gout - there's definitely a sense that some people believe gout is self-inflicted.

Thanks to everyone else for their best wishes. And on to hats to avoid turning this into medics corner...

Dunn & Co Homburg:

Looking great everyone!

Richard, I've heard of gout symptoms arising from something having to do with calcium levels, too, which I believe I have experienced because a few years ago my doctor told me I had gout but my purine levels were not high. I very rarely experience any of that anymore, and I haven't changed my diet all that much.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Looking dapper as usual Richard, beautiful Mayser Steve (again), and nice WAR Knox HB3.

Cool and wet morning for the opening day of the Western Wa Fair, AKA Puyallup Fair. Guess that means it's fall. Stayed away but did have to go out into the dreary stuff. Chose my Cordova wool 8 dart cap

Wow! So many inspiring hats today. Everyone looking good heading into the weekend. Nice lookikg cap Mike, sorry about the weather. Only got to about 90°f here today so fall must be just around the corner.
Wearing a super stingy milan thats house branded for a place called Cruizin Memories. The sell old school lowrider stuff, but have some surprisingly decent quality straw hats for a good price.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
It's been way too long since I have taken a selfie and commented on this thread, but here I am, waiting for the perhaps last clear summer sundown this year. The hat is a late 50s Stratoliner:

Stratoliner_late_50s_zpse8b52412.jpg

Way too many hats to comment on since last. Just a few comments:

casechopper: A belated congratulations on the new little member of the family. Ought to find him a blueish fedora to go with "the cigar", though ;)

g.durand: I think we own the same Strat-model - and same color. Love it! :)

Andy: Your collection of native jewellery is just stunning - and so is your collection of hats. Keep on showing us!

Eric: Although I think it was in another thread (at least before merging), I enjoyed the story of "the other" Ole - the guy with the bacon/pasta breakfast. With that version of the name he is almost certainly Danish, but the dish is definitely not :)

I too have a Camero - although in deep brown - and I too love that model. A cheap Black Label, yes - but a classy and stylish one it is.

Richard: I'm truly sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It's always important to remember that there's a huge difference between "diagnosis" and "condition". One may live many many years with a diagnosis and only feel the actual "condition" a few short times. A day or two ago you asked the rhetorical question "why do I smile in the picture?". Of course you did that, because you caught a mild version ... I'm sure of that - and I pray for it. I know you don't like to talk about this, but we who have grown to like you just have to mention. Sorry :)

I'm not sure why I'm smiling - I've just been diagnosed with Gout. Considering I'm not a heavy drinker and my diet has been pretty much vegetarian for the last 20yrs it came as a bit of a surprise...

Richard, I have gout too. It has had some impacted on my flexibility but I am still able to fence at a very high level for my age group. I think heredity / stress are also factors along with diet. All my attacks have occurred on my dominate side (right) where I had stress injuries (broken bones, ect) from fencing. I take Allopurinol even though my uric acid levels aren't that high and also keep some Colchicine around. Sorry for the thread drift!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Charlie, I like the look with suit, tie and new hat, looks sharp and the new hat too!

Ole, looks sharp and casual. Great hat that Strat!

dh66, very nice the Milan. I love those stingys!

Mike, cool. That looks really cool with your Cordova Cap!

Hamilcar, looks very nice the reshape, a fine looking hat!

Steve, wow, looks fantastic on you that Mayser!

Richard, great look with the Homburger! That has style!

Eric, fantastic collection of hats, all are beautys!

g-durand, a dream of hat. That is not the best photo of that hat but I know the other photos of it!

Perry, great, the tall crown on the Wekony gives him a sharp look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran