Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Tough break Richard, hope it isn't too severe. Seems from your posts you manage to still get around.

Sublime Lee Eric, on my wish list now.

Killer Stetsonian Perry.

John, that Tesi looks ready to float away, looks cool.

Great Champ Andy, one of my favorite brands.

Looking dashing in the VS Charlie.

My favorite brand David, great looking Portis. Congrats on your new Nik Borsy too.

Out'n about with a threat of rain so chose my Huckel Waterproof.

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Mikepens (nice Huckel), ManofKent, RBH, Orangegrad (yours looks fine on you to me. a bit more cowboy than on me with the larger brim size/head size ratio but not bad) and Seabass.

Today CRM Sand. This has turned into one of my favorite hats. Extremely light and moldable with a nice snap brim.
IMG_7944.JPG

IMG_7945.JPG

ManofKent I am truly sorry to hear of your diagnosis, I'm sure it is heavy on you mind right now. The up tick is now you've a reason to drink more coffee, I've read it can be of help with gout.
Mike - nice huckel, you look ready fo
r whatever nature throws at you
Casehopper thar crm looks great. Hope the new one is doing well (and the rest too).

DesertDan

One Too Many
...I'm not sure why I'm smiling - I've just been diagnosed with Gout. Considering I'm not a heavy drinker and my diet has been pretty much vegetarian for the last 20yrs it came as a bit of a surprise...

Sorry to hear this MoK. I too suffer from that affliction and you have my sympathy. I have come to the conclusion that doctors do not know everything that they think they do and in time you will come to know more precisely what triggers your flareups and how to minimize them. Until then, take your meds, watch your diet and hang in there!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Great hats pics today. Cheers for all.

Long day at work. I am sure you folks have had those days were you need to gather some energy before making the drive home. I have closed things in the gym, taken a shower, changed and been enjoying catching up on the Fedora Lounge pics as I am kicking my heels. I will wear my afternoon straw hat home shortly.

IMG_6034-M.jpg

Good night and best to all, Eric -

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the comments on my milan from yesterday, gentlemen. Seems a long time ago now.

Good hats all around yesterday.

Much cooler today so my Silverbelly Sportaire for Fawcett Friday. Don't worry Hatto, the forecast looks pretty good here for a while!

smugshot_7501457-L.jpg

SBG - nice straw and really nice 2tone loafers. I'd kick my feet up as well in those

DJH that's a really nice sportaire, looks more silver in the pic. I really like it, the dark band is a nice contrast

hope all have a great Fri & even better wknd

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Richard - hope the gout situation improves for you. Pain isn't fun - and especially when it's quite unexpected like this.

I'm glad the weekend is coming. I'm getting to the age where I don't have as much energy as I did when I was in my 40s. I really appreciate the time away from work.

Today I'm wearing what is most certainly one of my favorite hats - may taupe fawn CD.

View attachment 4059

View attachment 4060

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Sam. great looking CRM!

Mike, lovely Hückel, he looks great on you!

Richard, great Cap, I am sorry to hear your diagnose, oh man that is a shock!
Don't let your head hang, you must be strong!

Andy, I fell the same. Nothing is better as the weekend with a nice hat on the head!

David, looks indeed a bit sportive with the small pinch in the front, a wonderful hat!

Eric, good to have a weekend to relax, nice hat photo!

Sam. great looking CRM!

Mike, lovely Hückel, he looks great on you!

Richard, great Cap, I am sorry to hear your diagnose, oh man that is a shock!
Don't let your head hang, you must be strong!

Andy, I fell the same. Nothing is better as the weekend with a nice hat on the head!

David, looks indeed a bit sportive with the small pinch in the front, a wonderful hat!

Eric, good to have a weekend to relax, nice hat photo!
I agree with Manfred!
5k97.jpg

White Wekony today.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
David; The Sportaire is sharp. The ribbon width and work is sharp.

DH66; Thanks for the comments sir.

Andy; CD looks sharp. Your pics are tempting me to wear more jewelry.

Manfred; Thanks. enjoy your weekend sir. More flea market shopping on your schedule no doubt.

Perry; The light colored felt is a good match with your growing beard. Nice lid.

This morning I slipped my Stetson Playboy on to walk the dogs. My dogs offered no comments.

IMG_6038-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Andy; CD looks sharp. Your pics are tempting me to wear more jewelry.

Eric - two years ago I would never have worn jewelry. But I have gone through a major life change - all for the better. All those who knew me before see the positive changes in my life. And part of that change has been trying new things. So the guy who would never wear jewelry decided one day to ask his wife to buy him a bolo on ebay. What started with one bolo symbolizing a man walking through the maze of life, coming to the end, and having one last opportunity to look back over all the choices he has made - has emerged into a love of Native American jewelry. I really don't see it as jewelry, as most jewelry is for appearance only. Native American jewelry has meaning beyond appearance. And that makes a big difference to me.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
You have some very nice pieces OG. I had the opportunity to pick up a nice native necklace and ring when we were in Sedon AZ last February.

This late December my wife and I are vacationing in New Mexico. I expect to come home with some new Zuni pieces. Sedona is a wonderful place - never been there, but have heard it's a wonderful place to live, and especially retire.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Perry.

Andy; New Mexico is a great visit. Your anticipation will be rewarded.

G; The Corral is fast becoming a fav.

I got to the gym a bit ago and have been doing opening chores in my VS Westen (silverbelly). Preparing for a busy aft./evening.

IMG_6043-M.jpg

Eric -

ManofKent

Sorry to hear this MoK. I too suffer from that affliction and you have my sympathy. I have come to the conclusion that doctors do not know everything that they think they do and in time you will come to know more precisely what triggers your flareups and how to minimize them. Until then, take your meds, watch your diet and hang in there!

Thanks - and you have my sympathy too. The doctor definitely seemed confused when he couldn't tell me to cut down on meat and fish... My gut feeling is my attack was probably brought on by a period of stress combined with slight dehydration. Diet is an interesting one - there seems to be a lot of contradictory studies on the influence of purine in vegetable sources - I think it's going to be a case of watch what I eat and monitor effects. It's interesting that if you tell someone you're using a tick because you've got arthritis you get a quite different response to telling them you've got gout - there's definitely a sense that some people believe gout is self-inflicted.

Thanks to everyone else for their best wishes. And on to hats to avoid turning this into medics corner...

Dunn & Co Homburg:

ManofKent

Sam - I can see why the CRM is a favourite.

Mike - Fine looking Huckle.

Andy - the taupe is a great colour

David - Very nice

Eric - great Straw and Playboy

Perry - Looks great.

g.d. Lovely Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member