Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Steve - A truly beautiful Mayser. I'm not sure why we don't see more lighter ribbons against darker felt

HB3 - the knox looks good, particularly now you've dropped the crown a tad.

Mike - great looking cap. Hints of autumn here too, but I'm not sure Summer has quite had it's last gasp.

dh66 - Another fun stingy.

Ole - Beautiful Strat - works well with the jacket too.

Charlie - that's a real beauty, and the tie is great.

-----------------------

Thanks for the comments on the homburg and other thoughts

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Cap for today!

9ugapadu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Randall, my friend, how are you? Yes I am on a fleamarket today but I guess I have no luck today. A Bit rainy here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

H Weinstein

One of the Regulars
Since we have a pleasantly cool morning here in Maryland today, I wore this Akubra Bobby for a walk with our Corgi puppy Shelby.

(The hat is re-bashed my own way, with a home-made hatband. The photo was taken on our spring trip to Arizona, at Old Tucson Studio.)

View attachment 4078

Chepstow that herringbone cap looks awesome, an especially good look with the vest. Looks great on you.

Mr.Weinstein that's a very nice Akubra. It also pairs well with that particularly nice looking vest you are wearing.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Manfred - the cap looks great! Wish I could find one that makes me look that good.

HW - great re-bash of the Akubra. Perfect hat for Arizona!

Today I'm wearing one of my Comos. Borsos are so incredibly light-weight and comfortable.

View attachment 4079

View attachment 4080

Today's breakfast:
Tea: Weishan Mao Feng (Chinese green)
Bread: Sourdough
Cheese: Stilton white with dried cranberries
Fruit: assorted grapes

I'm finding the various Stiltons to be an acquired taste, and one best acquired while young. They are unlike any other cheese I've eaten. I like both mild and strong cheese flavors - yet this one mystifies me.
View attachment 4081

job

One Too Many
Manfed, I really like this cap your wearing.

HW, I like what you did to your Akubra Bobby. Nice vest also.

Andy, I would like to have at least one hat with a whip stitch. You also eat a better breakfast than I.

Today before it gets too hot I am wearing my Tesi Comet.

Comet2013002_zpsaf0f3510.jpg

Great day to ALL!!

Richard, thank you for your kind words. Glad you like the tie... there is no middle ground on that one. Also best wishes for control over your gout. Where were you during the 100-car pile up near Kent this week?!

HB3, Thank you, sir! Your newest lid, as re-worked is spectacular for you. Keep up the hunt!

Manfred, as always, THANK you for your you comments. Today's herringbone cap is POWERFUL, my friend!

H. Weinstein, looks as if you know how to bash a felt, sir. Excellent job!

Today, still in the straw spirit, my Borsa Milan... (which drew an offer to sell right off my head this week from an admirer, at a rest stop restaurant)
View attachment 4082 View attachment 4083

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
dh66, Andy, John and Charlie, thanks a lot for the kind word. It's not the best photo I know.
That Heringbone Cap should be a repro Cap from the 40s with a fuller shape but I do not believe it!

H Weinstein, yeah, looks great the new bashed hat, I really like it!

Andy, delicious, not only the meat, the hat too!

John, nice to see that Tesi again, he is good in shape and looks great!

Charlie, well worn your Borsa, a truly fantastic Milan with that multi colored ribbon!

ManofKent

Manfred - great cap. I hope tomorrow's flea market raid is more successful.

HW - nice job on the re-bash and as a vest fan I'm envious of the vest.

Andy - the Como looks great. I like white stilton (although prefer the blue), but I've never got on with fruit in cheese - fruit with cheese yes, fruit in cheese no. It's worth trying a few different brands of stilton, they do vary a lot. It's often sold too young (as sadly are many cheeses). If you keep it refrigerated do make sure it's been brought to room temperature for a good hour or two. As I may have mentioned do try and seek out Cornish Blue, and if the US allows unpasteurised cheese Dorset Blue Vinney.

John - Nice Tesi

Charlie - wonderful Milan. The crash was about 10 miles from me as the crow flies, although Sheppey's not somewhere I visit unless I have too.

OG that Borso really suits you, and you breakfast looks waaaaay beter tha my oatmeal.

JOB thats a great comet, I like the band. It reminds me of something my grandfather would've worn (that's a compliment btw)

HrMe - very nice, would look very well with a seersucker suit and a cold drink

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

g.durand

One Too Many
I like this place. Such a variety, and worn well by everyone.

hatsRme--beware the rest stop bandits!

We're getting our first real heat wave of the year, which is normal here. Cool summers are followed by warm fall weather. It's odd, but it has to do with the Alaska current and the tilt of the earth...or something like that. So I broke out the old Dobbs Panama. Nice and cool.

photo3-12_zpsacb33758.jpg

ManofKent

g.d. - that's a great looking panama.

--------------------------------------

Very unsettled here. Cooler than it has been, but not unpleasant in between the odd shower. Cool enough to dig out a Christy's bowler:

g.durand

One Too Many
Right you are, G.!! I normally try NOT to stop at those places. To quote my daughters... EEeeeeeewwwww-a!

Your daughters' instincts are on the money. My wife worked at one in New York when she was in high school. They made her re-wrap and put new expiration dates on the sandwiches every night.

Richard, I'm also happy to see you have recovered from the gout attack. My boss has it and from time to time takes a very powerful medication which causes extreme drowsiness. Let's hope you can manage it without that kind of intervention.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Sweet bowler, Richard. Good to see you're out and about despite the gout.
+1

Manfred: You are the fleamarket-shark, disguised in herringbone. You must sell a lot of fleas to be able to afford all those hats? Looking really sharp!

H Weinstein: Now, that's a nice square deal, Sir!

Andy: I bet you have exquisite taste in music, women and wine too ;)

John, HrM & g.durand: Wonderful straws!

Same guy, same walk along the moat, same bench, a little cooler weather - and the hat is a mid 50's XXX-OR:

OR_mid_50s_zps92602695.jpg

Oh yeah, and the camera is the same sh*tty cell-camera ... sorry [huh]

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Andy. Well, the golden tri-ply ribbon probably makes it a bit different. May 1st one of my oldest and (still) dearest friends proved my OR cafe-latté-proof! He tilted over a glass of latté while my OR rested brim down on the chair between us. Shot out of my ejector seat, I immedialtely wiped the crown and brim with tissue paper, and the next day I soaked the few weak spots with clean water and sucked it out again with a sponge. The felt dried up without a trace of the accident, but I had to replace the ribbon. A roll of golden tri-ply was the best I had at hand.

Nice to know, though you really shouldn't try it at home - unless a family member or close friend forces you to :D

PS: Although the low light gives the ribbon a metallic shine, I meant golden as in "a golden color". It's a beige hue with a sheen - but not metallic :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany