Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
That's great, Jeff.

Looks like we have a super late summer day in store in New Hampshire.

Brent Black Montecristi for WAR Wednesday.

smugshot_9442618-L.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
And on another note, sic transit gloria all around these days. :what: but we try to keep our heads up. While I respect rusty' s decision, I think I will miss the af thread as its own destination-based entity.
I agree, Jeff. Although there was certainly some overlap, I enjoyed the Fedoras Afield thread.
For what it's worth, I too will miss the Fedoras Afield thread.
Al; Your pics are stunning of the MN State Fair.[...]I am late to the conversation, but I too enjoyed the Fedora's Afield thread. The FA thread was a thread that I expected to see more details to the hat adventures. As example, your verbal and pictoral illustrations to the environement in which you were hatted was interesting and I took more time viewing. Others followed the example and as such my viewing behaviors were much different. I will get used to the change, but will miss the thread.

My deepest respect and sincere gratitude for your kind words and supportive comments.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good morning Gents! As usual you guys are looking great. Love the nice lids gentlemen! SBG, Chepstow, thanks guys. I appreciate the compliments.

g.durand, I love that Strat my friend! I've been trying to get one of those!...but I'm either getting outbid, or it's too small, too big, or too pricey! Try, try, try again I guess.

AnA, the BB conversion looks great! I love that hat!

DJH, nothing represents a Montecristi the way Brent Black does! I recently lost a bid on one, literally by pennies, that was immaculate! I'm still kicking my self...you wouldn't believe the price it went for!

On this chilly but beautiful sunny morning from Central Ohio I'm wearing my Donegal wool City Sport Newsboy...

u7o2.jpg

View attachment 3993

Last edited:
TJ - great cap. I can't wait for it to cool down enough here to roll out the caps. btw, if you leave right now you probably would make it for supper. I'm guessing about an 8 or 9 hou drive at worst

thanks to all for the compliments on the resistol

DJH great panama

AnA looks good, and looks good on you. I have seen an impressive lot of hats on you head. Are they easy enough to come by in the Atl? If so I'll try to get over there more

G.Durand that is an excellent strat. You wear it well. And your right, an abita would have been the ticket but the grocery had those big heinies on sale

Great hats all around this morning. Looking forward to a break this evening to see more

g.durand

One Too Many
Great start to the day, gents. Thanks for all the comments on the Strat. It shows a bit lighter in the photo than it really is. The color is more of a medium gray, and it is as new as a 60+ year old hat can be.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning gents. I am inspired by g.durand's post of his new gray vtg. Stetson Stratoliner yesterday, hence I broke out a Strat for my dog walk this morning. I have attached a pic of my 50's Strat in silverbelly.

IMG_5998-M.jpg

Eric -

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Excellent Wednesday launch, folks. Perry, the playboy is awesome man!
Orangegrad, sweet champs this week. Very fine!
I'm always enjoying everyone's posts.
G. Durand, I'm taking your usual lead and going with my Lee all American this morning.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
dh66, Orangegrad, thanks for the compliments guys! I appreciate it.

Organgegrad, hatophile, SBG, bowlerman, Nice! Very nice job on the hats gentlemen, The Champ, the Playboy, the Lee and the Strat...all very classy!

Orangegrad, I still think you can pull off wearing a cap. You just have to find the right one. The City Sport I'm wearing would look good on you...

Looking good guys. It's hard to believe it's wool wearing time here, the cap is rockin' TJ.

As for the FA thread, always great photos and hats on that, it was a nice addition and I hope will continue on this thread.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Viewing it with all these non-hat photos is problematic on my phone & tablet.
Adios....

Thanks Ale, I said I would not argue ...not discuss.

Most times on my phone I dont have time for all the photos to load on the FA so I wait till I'm home to check it.
That is why I enjoy the WHAYWT thread. I can see some shots quickly.

Thank you Rusty for taking the time to elaborate. I might be wrong here (and actually this doesn't affect me since I don't come here that often anymore) but I don't quite follow what you and Tom say here. You closed the Fedoras Afield thread because the amount of photos posted there was huge, thus slowing the download on your (and others) mobile devices. Both you and Tom (and I chose you Tom 'cause you're the only one who has commented along the same line of thought as Rusty) say that you prefer the less congested, WHAYWT thread: one or two photos, done. Now, with the FA thread closed and merged here, folks are basically invited to post their travel photos on this thread, along with their daily hat. See my point? now this thread, the one that was simple and not over crowded, is going to become slow and crowded and overwhelm your phone or tablets. I think, and I'm just going to say it candidly, as a bartender you could have just suggested Al to edit the amount of photos he shares with everyone on this thread to a daily hat and to keep sharing his beautiful, thoughtful and well achieved photography on the FA thread one that, in my opinion, is better savored with time in a computer rather than in a rush on your phone. You could have even suggested to Al to open his own thread of hats and travel photography since you clearly think that his posts are too extensive to fit in here. Folks love his photos, his great descriptive ability and the links he includes to further expand the experience: all very positive things in and for a forum and a hell of a lot of work. Closing that thread seems counter-intuitive for your purpose of keeping this WHAYWT thread succinct. I don't know, Rusty, and forgive me for the length of this post but I feel this was not handled properly but in a rush. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Again, it's just an observation from a friend.

PS. Eric thanks for your kind words.

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
I would miss the FA thread too, it's to pity to close or merge it!

AnA, right, looks much better now, good job!

David, a fine Montecristi.. I am looking for a Baku Straw now, maybe I can shot that hat for a bargain!

TJ, love that Cap, love the shape from the City Sport Caps and love it how you wear it!

Andy, sharp, lovely color on that hat. Great look!

Perry, wonderful too. A classic with a great shape!

Eric, looks super on you that nice Strat!

Jeff, cool, I guess, I missed what it is for a brand!

Thank you Ale, your words, about Al's contributions, speaks out of my the soul.
I enjoy every post of Al, with his fantastic photos, description etc!

Last edited:

RBH

Bartender
I have suggested it before, even moved a couple of post to the other thread.
The reason I merged was instead of two threads we have just one. You then know what to expect when you open a thread.
Nothing was done with hard feelings toward anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points