Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
A while back during a really busy/crappy week I got a pm from RBH telling me to check out a hat on the bay that I might be interested in. Well I was too busy to check the lounge so it was waay too late by the time I saw the message. Luckily for me he sent another PM shortly after that one saying that he went ahead and bought and if I wanted it I could get it for what he paid! This is what makes the lounge such a great place!:eusa_clap

So here is my first and only vintage hat a Penney's Marathon!:D I tried to make it a diamond but it wanted to stay that way so I left it. it also had remnants of a ridge down the middle so I coaxed that back.:D

PB120099.jpg

PB120101.jpg

PB120102.jpg

RBH

Bartender
indycop said:
A while back during a really busy/crappy week I got a pm from RBH telling me to check out a hat on the bay that I might be interested in. Well I was too busy to check the lounge so it was waay too late by the time I saw the message. Luckily for me he sent another PM shortly after that one saying that he went ahead and bought and if I wanted it I could get it for what he paid! This is what makes the lounge such a great place!:eusa_clap

So here is my first and only vintage hat a Penney's Marathon!:D I tried to make it a diamond but it wanted to stay that way so I left it. it also had remnants of a ridge down the middle so I coaxed that back.:D

PB120099.jpg

PB120101.jpg

PB120102.jpg
FANTASTIC!!!!!!
I knew that hat was waiting on you!!!
It looks great, and I like the crease you put in it.
Overall we did good!

With your intrest in airplanes I thought you might like this photo IC. These type hats always reminded me of a Howard Hughes style fedora.

I shall stay on the look out for one for myself. If we can find one for your big head I know there is hope for me!

howard-hughes-1.jpg

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:

PB120101.jpg

I have never owned a pre-50s hat that was inferiour to any newly made hat.

Any chance of seeing the inside?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
IC -- That is a great lookin' lid, and it looks great on you! I really like the chocolate ribbon against that felt, as well as the "optimo" style ridge in the teardrop crease. Very cool.

And what an amazing gesture by RBH!

Great stuff all around.

Cheers,
JtL

carter

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
FANTASTIC!!!!!!
I knew that hat was waiting on you!!!
It looks great, and I like the crease you put in it.
Overall we did good!

With your intrest in airplanes I thought you might like this photo IC. These type hats always reminded me of a Howard Hughes style fedora.

I shall stay on the look out for one for myself. If we can find one for your big head I know there is hope for me!

howard-hughes-1.jpg

Rusty, You are a Prince! IndyCop is looking good today and he didn't even have to kiss a frog! (There's something wrong here?) :confused:

Great hat IC!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
carter said:

Rusty, You are a Prince! IndyCop is looking good today and he didn't even have to kiss a frog! (There's something wrong here?) :confused:

Great hat IC!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I'll be back in a tshirt tomorrow!lol Oh don't we wear the same size?:rolleyes:

TopGumby

One of the Regulars
Lots of nice hats today! That Penney's Marathon looks like it found a home.

My Akubra stylemaster arrived today, so I immediately put it to work doing what it's going to do in these parts, and that's fighting the rain.

100_1248a.jpg

I like it a lot, so much so it's making me think that Stetson Sovereign with the two inch brim is really somebody else's hat. Perhaps another Stylemaster in gray?

RBH

Bartender
TopGumby said:

My Akubra stylemaster arrived today, so I immediately put it to work doing what it's going to do in these parts, and that's fighting the rain.

100_1248a.jpg

I like it a lot, so much so it's making me think that Stetson Sovereign with the two inch brim is really somebody else's hat. Perhaps another Stylemaster in gray?
Nice look TG. What are the specs on that Stylemaster?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sharp looking hat, IC. It's good to have friends to watch out for you, ain't it? I like the bash in that hat, and I like the idea of leaving vintage hats the way they come...kind of lets them tell their own story, ya know?

Nice find, Rusty, and a cool gesture to think of IC.

I'm looking forward to shaking hands with both of you in TN and with the Major and whomever else shows up. I hope that all pans out.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
TopGumby said:

100_1248a.jpg

Looks good! A campdraft would also look great with that jacket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou