Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Sharp looking hat, IC. It's good to have friends to watch out for you, ain't it? I like the bash in that hat, and I like the idea of leaving vintage hats the way they come...kind of lets them tell their own story, ya know?

Nice find, Rusty, and a cool gesture to think of IC.

I'm looking forward to shaking hands with both of you in TN and with the Major and whomever else shows up. I hope that all pans out.
I was surprised to see that ridge in there but love it!

Should be great fun in TN.:D

Mr.H late 40s you say? cool!

carter

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
I shall stay on the look out for one for myself. If we can find one for your big head I know there is hope for me! Your words!:p :p
:mad: lol lol

I have never run across any JCP hat in my size! That is a great find and snag by Rusty on your behalf! Are you certain that you have never been kissed by a Princess...or three? :p :p :p

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:
^
I won't be at this one but it was a real pleasure meeting RBH, IndyCop and MajorMoore (and a bunch of others) in Memphis a while back. First rate fellas, all!

Sorry to here it, Gene. I enjoy your wit here, not to mention your hats.

warbird

One Too Many
I look forward to seeing several of you guys again and hopefully some new faces next spring. I was in Winchester last week. I wasn't at the hat factory, but at one of the finest gun shops in the country if'n you're a fan of black rifles. Need a few more M4's. :)

Great hat IC. Rusty is a class act. Come on down for a fine bit of southern hospitality.

TopGumby

One of the Regulars
RBH said:
Nice look TG. What are the specs on that Stylemaster?

Just your freindly neighborhood Acorn Fawn size 61 Stylemaster, from EverythingAustralian. Nothing special order, and I really like it a lot.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
warbird said:
I look forward to seeing several of you guys again and hopefully some new faces next spring. I was in Winchester last week. I wasn't at the hat factory, but at one of the finest gun shops in the country if'n you're a fan of black rifles. Need a few more M4's. :)

Great hat IC. Rusty is a class act. Come on down for a fine bit of southern hospitality.
I have a half of an M4 does that count?:eusa_doh: I will have to come UP for the meet though.lol

Gene are you serious?:eek:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Dunley Premier
IMG_3443.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
Great hats all!

Thank you everyone for the comments on my last featured hat. It is indeed a remarkable piece.

Gene, I am really intringued by those foldable hats. I would like to catch one sometime. BTW, I fail to see the "mismatch" in your combo. It may be the monitor, but that grey appears to be a neutral shade which goes well with green.

IndyCop, your JCP looks excellent. I am actually waiting for one in a darker shade of brown. I hope it is half as fine as yours.

Dinerman, your overall look in that photo is cracking!

Regards!

ken100

Familiar Face
Nice

Hey Top Gumby, aint those Stylemasters fantastic, I have two so far, fawn and carbon, want more, to get other colours I need to order special from akubra direct, would love a dark olive. Dinner man, thats a fantastic look!
Ken

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Stingy Dobbs, 1 5/8" underwelt

No model name or other info inside this one; it has a nice tall, boxy crown on it, which is what makes the stingies from the 60's different from their modern homologues, which tend to have far more taper.
day092.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
Gene are you serious?:eek:

Allrightallready... so when is this one? I see an event at Monteagle in Feb. '09. Is that what you fellas are talking about? It seemed like you were all talking about one happening in the next few days - in which case I have allowed it to sneak up on me and can't throw together a trip. If this is about February though..
:)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Allrightallready... so when is this one? I see an event at Monteagle in Feb. '09. Is that what you fellas are talking about? It seemed like you were all talking about one happening in the next few days - in which case I have allowed it to sneak up on me and can't throw together a trip. If this is about February though..
:)
Same trip same weekend.:D

LordBest

Practically Family
Mad Russian?

A somewhat unorthodox choice for a 29c/84f day, but I think I pulled it off. Genuine rabbit fur 30s-40s Russian Ushanka.
MadRussian.jpg

Yes, I need a shave. Barber has been out of town, and one does not like to do it oneself and steal their thunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes