Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Jauntyone said:
I don't normally care for the wide brims, but I've got to admit this hat is "hep"! I love the thin ribbon look.
day114.jpg
Nice campdraft!:eusa_clap

Like that champ Gene!:eusa_clap

funneman

Practically Family
mannySpaghetti said:
Off to work with my Mallory "Ten" Homburg that just returned from OPTIMO today. I"ve never worn it, so now it's time to break it in!
HPIM2434.jpg

Fantastic look.
Talk about ME being the "Enforcer"... I nominate this picture.
Off to work? Looks like the "Job" is already done.
What's that red stuff on the step there Manny?

JO, you've really been on a roll this week!

This thread has really ramped up lately.

mannySpaghetti

One of the Regulars
Hehehe, great comments guys. Anyways I wanted to give yous a better look at my choice of lid today. OPTIMO really did a fantastic job on cleaning and reblocking my Homburg. I had to put a pinch in it and steamed the brim some to add some curvature to the sides as I thought it looked really goofy being flat the way it was. My only gripe about the hat is the discoloration of the binding. At first I thought it was just filth, but Optimo called and said there was nothing they could do. Bah, can't win 'em all, but I think it still looks great.
HPIM2438.jpg

HPIM2436.jpg

HPIM2437.jpg

HPIM2439.jpg

HPIM2441.jpg

HPIM2440.jpg
HPIM2442.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Good find. I can't pass up a derby if I find one in my size, which isn't very often with a 7 5/8 head. ;) :D
You know clearwater hats had a derby on their site that seemed to have a wider brim. I emailed them asking about it but never got a reply.:rage:

RBH

Bartender
scotrace said:
Which color is that? (sell your stingies, this is the way to go - you look spiff)
I have been thinking this all along!!!!
thanks Scott, this hat just looks fantastic on JO! I also think that if he is not sold on the thin ribbon [yet] that at the least he needs a wide brim!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Jauntyone

Practically Family
scotrace said:
Which color is that? (sell your stingies, this is the way to go - you look spiff)
Thanks for the compliment! It's the tawny fawn color; I got it from hatdirect. I've just emailed them to find out if they've got a silverbelly in stock in my size.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Rus. I really like this hat too, but it is on the beater side actually. There's a fella' here at the Lounge who posted one once and it was the very same as mine but in real nice condition. Mine is a little rumpled, has some uneven coloring in the grosgrain, is missing the inside the crown logo patch and has a sweatband that started crumbling. I arrested the sweatband problem with Lexol so it's holding. This is one of those hats that I like but I don't have to worry about too much, y'know? A comfy old friend that's a little rough around the edges - - like me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97