Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks both. I'm really enjoying the Feds. I've not had much luck with vintage lids recently (curse of a big head) but the Feds have been great buys.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
G Durand - I like the proportions of that VS silverbelly. And the Strat is quite nice too!

Manfred - somehow you always make any hat - even a bowler or homburg - look rugged. I'm impressed.

Richard - I've seen you wear this Fed a few times, and it works well for you. And, of course, the Fed goes well either with or without a suit.

Today I'm wearing a fairly early model Snowy River that I swapped out the original black thin ribbon with this strand I made with malachite, lapis, and ghost beads.
View attachment 4725

The lapis and heishi necklace is Navajo made. But I happened to have very similar lapis and malachite stones, along with the heishi. So I made a cuff to match the choker. The ring is old pawn Navajo made - turquoise and coral.
View attachment 4726

The Last Straw

092813.jpg

I couldn't resist one last outing with the new/old parabuntal.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Manfred: Melone and leather jacket. It may be unorthodox, but you pull it off to perfection!

g.durand: Great Strat! I think I recognize the color from my own collection. "Cadet Blue"?

Richard: A true gentleman is able to fit in everywhere. You pull off the part as a domestic business man and as country lord to equal perfection. Great outfit - and as always with superb matching head gear!

Andy: A black beauty accompanied by lots of powerful medicine. The pouncing of your "facial fur" gets better and better, btw. It really suits you.

Alan: No wonder you're clinging to the last straw. With a new parabuntal like that, I most certainly wouldn't care about starting a riot or two. Magnificent!

Eric: I don't recall seeing a garden with so many beautiful hats! Promise me not to get any shorter, though ... I can hardly see you on the second pic lol

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Manfred:

Andy: A black beauty accompanied by lots of powerful medicine. The pouncing of your "facial fur" gets better and better, btw. It really suits you.

I'm really struggling with the beard. Used to come in dark. Then about two years ago I noticed white. Didn't realize I was getting that old.

The Navajo medicine has been very helpful - more than you could know.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Well Andy, dark or blond ... we all start so different and yet end up so alike. The "picture" above my bathroom sink certainly doesn't look like it used to lol

Don't get me wrong. I've seen weird things work, so my autopilot is not by default dismissive of alternative paradigms ;)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good evening Gents! Wow! It doesn't do good to take a day off! A guy could miss some real classics! All you guys look great!

bowlerman, Love the ribbon work on the Tumwater!

Lotsahats, Classy Borsalino!

MoK, as usual, the Fed IV is a hit!

Manfred, you look good in everything you wear. You've heard that a hat makes the man? My friend, you make the hat!

HeyMoe, gotta love the ball caps! I wear them too!

g.durand, the Strat, Nice! Nice! Nice!

orangegrad, the beads definitely added a bit of character to the hat! Nice!

Alan, love the straw / Hawaiian shirt combo! You wear them well my friend!

SBG, The Campdraft is always a classic! Love it!

For me this evening from Central Ohio I have to show off my latest thrift store find. A real nice USA made Black Leather Bomber jacket topped off with a City Sport Newsboy cap and cool shades! This jacket's in perfect condition!...$12 bucks!!!!

u1b3.jpg

View attachment 4753

Last edited:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
AnA, love it! The stache and your expression make for a perfect combination.

My father-in-law sent a pack of them. We had fun!

I love the Cavanagh but I'm undecided about the Mario Brothers mustache though! ;)

I will accept that as a POWERUP!! :thumb:

A'n'A, that works good together, mustache and Cavanagh. Often a new look! haha

It's my Guinness 'stache. Yum!! :beer:

AnA - great Cav AND 'stache. You just get a trans-am?

You bet I did! Snow-man, you got your ears on? :car:

AnA--have you spoken to your doctor about that condition? I don't mean the moustache growing overnight, but the hat fever that is spread on this forum? I like the way the 'stache grew to match your brim curl. :D

My fever is still running a little hot, because I haven't gotten a new hat in a while. :( And unfortunately, I didn't get a long enough mustache in the pack to look like Rollie Fingers, so I did my best. :)

AnA - Great hat, and ermmm interesting 'tache :)

I think I'll wear one to work this week; the 'stache that is!!

OG youlook ready for NM
Alan you look good enjoying the straw. I wore straw today also, but pretty far from the last time.
SBG the crease on you campdraft is perfect.
TJones - Badass - no other way to put it
AnA that Falcon Park is eastbound and down.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou