Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andy - looking good in the Fed

Eric - I'm a big fan of green hats, and that one does make me green with envy

dh66 - nice looking cap

Frank and Andy - a great pair of homburgs

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric, thank you very much for your kind words.
They are much appreciated!

Andy, that is a very nice Homburg and I like it on you. I hope it was not the last Burg!

Frank, sharp dressed as ever! Homburg.. Homburg.. Love this Hat's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Got back from some shopping errands. Wore my VS fedora in sahara on this 60'F Fall day. Great fitting hat and the color is stunning.

IMG_6309-M.jpg

IMG_6310-S.jpg
IMG_6311-S.jpg

Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Frank; Styling today. I bet you can pull off any hat.

Dynamite pics Richard. The colors of the background brick make for a great backdrop. The BG Akubra fedora is sharp on you. I like the brim dimension and with your height the crown height is spot on. I agree with Andy your tight pinch of the crown works. For me, (longer, broader and many times broken and resultant crooked nose), I make sure the pinch is bigger than my nose. It allows folks, hopefully, to see my mishappen proboscis as normal. Enough about my nose - your hat is sharp.

Eric -

wutzthedeal

New in Town
My first real hat! I LUB it. Wal-Mart, $15. Wow.

547517_548137875256146_749173011_n.jpg

Joy to the world. Joy to boys and girls. Joy to the heads that wear the hats like these, joy to you and me. Sing with me.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Eric - beautiful VS, and the stripe in the ribbon sets it off really well.

Dynamite pics Richard. The colors of the background brick make for a great backdrop. The BG Akubra fedora is sharp on you. I like the brim dimension and with your height the crown height is spot on. I agree with Andy your tight pinch of the crown works. For me, (longer, broader and many times broken and resultant crooked nose), I make sure the pinch is bigger than my nose. It allows folks, hopefully, to see my mishappen proboscis as normal. Enough about my nose - your hat is sharp.

Eric -

Thanks Eric (and Andy) - I'm going with a tight slim pinch makes my less than slim face look narrower ;). I've managed to avoid breaking my nose so far, but cycling has led to plenty of breakages (and metalwork elsewhere :) ). The wall is very handy for selfies - there's a conveniently sited lower wall just opposite to rest the camera on, and I pass it every time I venture into town - it's part of the town's remaining brewery (Shepherd Neame - brewing since 1678).

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great hats over the weekend, Gentlemen!

I've not had much chance to check in, but I've been wearing some hats (as usual).

Saturday - hiking with my Garrison Raiders hat

smugshot_3974514-L.jpg

This morning - Cordova cap, made with black vintage fabric

smugshot_2141356-L.jpg

This afternoon - Borsalino

smugshot_1707077-L.jpg

I hope everyone's had a nice weekend!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I spent the afternoon playing acoustic blues music with a buddy on the deck of a local wine bar. Wore my VS Wanderer (granite color). Outside in the high 60's F meant I took the liner out of the hat. Even when working hard on some songs, I was comfortable in my shirtsleeves and hat. (For the acoustic blues fans on the FL: Today we were asked to include a 45 minute set of Miss. John Hurt by the family that asked us to play. That was fun material to work through. The rest varied greatly.)

When I got home, I set my camera on a flower pot and set the timer. I desired a photo showing my lid. Tio (Horatio) joined me in the pic. So for tonight I present more of me and one of our Port.Water Dogs.

IMG_6314-M.jpg

Warmed up for the blues this evening, Eric -

Last edited:

ManofKent

David - a great trio. The new cap is particularly nice.

Eric - great photo and I love that granite wanderer.

G.D. - The VS Dusty looks great on you - I can see why it's a favourite.

AnA - I love the band on that Stetson - looks great.

Florida_Marlin - great fun - you look the part :)

Sam - a good weekend of hats. I particularly like the fat ribbon.

Che - Wonderful straw.

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Wonderful hats today, guys :) I really like all of them, very elegant and pretty.
Mr. Frank, I like your outfit and I like your homburg, very cool, but have you tried the four-in-hand knot? I think it would make the whole look even better. ;)

Today I wore my Premier Knox to church.. I can't find my white pocketsquare but I'll make due :(

1Cd2m49.jpg

eNeLfQd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff