Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andy - the bead band looks good, as does the beard,

Alan - Great shot and wonderful weave. Another warm spell and you might get another wear in.

Eric - the campdraft looks great. You have a great looking garden too.

TJones - The cap looks great with the leather.

AnA - The Falcon Park sits beautifully.

Dh66 - Great look.

Nigeloscar - Nice and practical Fed :)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Andy - the bead band looks good, as does the beard,

Alan - Great shot and wonderful weave. Another warm spell and you might get another wear in.

Eric - the campdraft looks great. You have a great looking garden too.

TJones - The cap looks great with the leather.

AnA - The Falcon Park sits beautifully.

Dh66 - Great look.

Nigeloscar - Nice and practical Fed :)

Yes Richard, I don't can it say better! +1 on all above!
Thanks to all for the yesterday comments about the Melone!

Andy, you have a hand for decoration, looks very nice your jewelry!

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Andy, you have a hand for decoration, looks very nice your jewelry!

Manfred - in our European culture, jewelry is about decoration. For the Native American, jewelry holds medicine. The Native American notion of medicine is slightly different from that of our own. Medicine is about power - and not our European power of having control. For the Native American, medicine and power have to do with spirituality. So a medicine man, along with healing the ill, is also similar to clergy from other cultures - having spiritual power. And what we would call jewelry holds medicine, or power, for the Native American. Various designs denote different types of medicine.

I tend not to be judgmental about a culture's spiritual beliefs, as I've found through my 55 years that perhaps my culture doesn't have all the answers.

And so, not only does my (primarily) Navajo jewelry look good (at least to me), I respect its intended purpose of its also holding medicine.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Out with my vtg Stetson Stratoliner in a pine green colored felt. The pics below are a bit washed out, but the general color shows.

IMG_6291-S.jpg
IMG_6308-S.jpg

Enjoying an early Sunday morning, Eric -

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Andy, yes you have right with what you say, and you have both, the talent to combine the jewellry with a hat and to wear the jewellry
how nobody else!

Eric, lovely Strat in that color!

Great Fed also NigelO. Denim chore cap for me this morning while catching up some chores. I shall switch to a proper hat for the day after I clean up.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Great Akubra and Stetson O.G. and SBG.
Thanks sir. I am enjoing your pics of late. Nice to see hats in their natural element.

Andy; Looking sharp sir.

Nigel; Always good to see more Aussie contributions. Love the avatar pic.

Ana; You look darn sharp in the hat. I checked out your fashion pics and they are very interesting. You looked happy and in enjoyment in the pics when you and your hat were sharing space with the models.

TJ; Hat and jacket are good looking.

Alan; Your pics of late are gentle reminders of the season we are leaving.

Manfred; I have not left feedback on your pics of late. Thanks sir. I do enjoy seeing the European hatted folks. Your pics are deightfull.

Man of Kent; I like the suit and hat pics. The pics of you reclining against the rock wall, of late, have been grand.

Catching up. Best to all, Eric -

Orangegrad

Practically Family
It's just a bit too cool today for shorts, so I changed into something a bit warmer. Decided to try out my short brim homburg. NOS Beaver Brand. The felt is ok, but the sweat reminds me of the faux leather of modern Stetsons. But for the money, it's a good way to see if a homburg will work for me. I think next time I want a slightly larger brim.

View attachment 4759 View attachment 4760

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Always enjoying this expressive and colorful diversion, everyone!

Eric, I love that photo. All of your "evergreen series" is sublime!

Andy-- new look with the short brimmed homburg, but I like it! (surprise) ;)

fashion frank

One Too Many
It's just a bit too cool today for shorts, so I changed into something a bit warmer. Decided to try out my short brim homburg. NOS Beaver Brand. The felt is ok, but the sweat reminds me of the faux leather of modern Stetsons. But for the money, it's a good way to see if a homburg will work for me. I think next time I want a slightly larger brim.

View attachment 4759 View attachment 4760

Wow that hat looks like the spitting image of the hat I just posted and bought last week!

What is the brand of that hat, BTW looks great on you !

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183