Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Too Many
1391711_10151882437773189_1389106706_n_zpsff28834a.jpg

Hi, Brothers¡¡¡¡ It´s a pleasure share with you, the born of a new longfelow lounger, Jorge Enrique, my new grandson¡¡¡¡¡ today using a black stetson¡¡¡
DSC_0502_zpsa2469e37.jpg

God Bless this boy¡¡¡¡¡

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
Rocking those lids today guys!
Here's a couple of myself and camping partner in VS silverbelly channeling our inner gangster with celebratory cigar. As you can see by my companions fashionable attire and the abundance of mud we were rained on nearly the entire time, but we had a blast.
74EDA6EF-6A3D-46E6-8653-D652E8D0BF64-59175-00002B55DC6AB833_zps3b0830d5.jpg

39293AD2-79BC-4853-ADE2-9C5201CCA7B3-59175-00002B56BA4049E8_zps3fa1634d.jpg

That's a nice vs Bond, I'd like to see more of it.
Thanks Paul

WOW! Been outta pocket a couple of days and I've missed so much. Great hats everyone (and moustache). Digging the brim up Illumin8em.

ve6yzara.jpg

Dobbs for me this afternoon

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Wearing my converted Beaver Brand western today. If it wasn't as stiff as a board so one could get the side profile perfect, it would make a great hat. As is, it’s a good light-colored work hat. Should be great for winter though.

DSCF3695ZBZ_zps6772d691.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David - very nice - great colour felt

Thanks,Richard. My two CS Indy hats are among my favorites to wear.

David - the Adventurebilt is magnificent.

Thanks, Andy. Looks as though you can pull off the Hommie rather well.

Sam - I like the CRM today

DJH, fantastic Adventurebilt. How do you think Garrison compares to the AB? I know there's a big difference in the money.

Thanks, T J. It is hard to compare the Garrison with the AB because my Garrison is rabbit and the AB (and my Penman CS) beaver. In terms of quality of workmanship, I'd say David Garrison's is at least as good and a super price. The Penman is the best of the 3, to be honest. I posted a Side by Side of the Penman and AB here: Indy Hat Face Off

Nice cap today - I'm one who really likes the Black Beast too!

Richard - that's an interesting looking Woodrow

Coach - congratulations on the new grandson!

Ed - looking cool with the S100. Have a great vacation!

illum - always good to see a CRM hat

dh - nice Dobbs

BJ - is the Beaver Brand one of those that are appearing from the auctions?

Wearing my converted Beaver Brand western today. If it wasn't as stiff as a board so one could get the side profile perfect, it would make a great hat. As is, it’s a good light-colored work hat. Should be great for winter though. ...

There's lots to be said for fedoras made from stiff-as-a-board Western bodies.

Couple of weeks ago I crossed paths with a fellow for whom I had made such a hat -- a brown all-beaver Western weight body in a fedora style. He's had the hat at least three years now, and wore it for a couple of those years on his daily commute between Whidbey Island and downtown Seattle, which involved round-trip ferry boat rides and walks to the rail platform and a few blocks along the city streets. The hat has held up remarkably well (the rain was coming down in buckets when I saw him that day a couple of weeks back). The ribbon is looking ratty, but the body hasn't tapered or dimpled at all, and Lord knows it's seen its share of weather. So, if you're wanting a hat that'll take the abuse, you could do a lot worse than asking for a Western weight body.

Last edited:

RBH

Bartender

Couple of weeks ago I crossed paths with a fellow for whom I had made such a hat -- a brown all-beaver Western weight body in a fedora style. He's had the hat at least three years now, and wore it for a couple of those years on his daily commute from Whidbey Island to downtown Seattle, which involved round-trip ferry boat rides and walks to the rail platform and a few blocks along the city streets. The hat has held up remarkably well (the rain was coming down in buckets when I saw him that day a couple of weeks back). The ribbon is looking ratty, but the body hasn't tapered or dimpled at all, and Lord knows it's seen its share of weather. So, if you're wanting a hat that'll take the abuse, you could do a lot worse than asking for a Western weight body.

+1

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
BJ - is the Beaver Brand one of those that are appearing from the auctions?

This was one from the auction. Picked it up about a week after on eBay. I think I paid $50 for it.

Couple of weeks ago I crossed paths with a fellow for whom I had made such a hat -- a brown all-beaver Western weight body in a fedora style. He's had the hat at least three years now, and wore it for a couple of those years on his daily commute between Whidbey Island and downtown Seattle, which involved round-trip ferry boat rides and walks to the rail platform and a few blocks along the city streets. The hat has held up remarkably well (the rain was coming down in buckets when I saw him that day a couple of weeks back). The ribbon is looking ratty, but the body hasn't tapered or dimpled at all, and Lord knows it's seen its share of weather. So, if you're wanting a hat that'll take the abuse, you could do a lot worse than asking for a Western weight body.

I actually love the weight of my western-weight Beaver Brand. Plus I don’t worry about where I have to throw it. I’d imagine a hatter could do many wonderful things with raw felt that I cannot – I’m stuck reworking old hats with a block that would melt if I applied much heat to it so I can’t get all the taper out! Plus I’m fanatically picky about what constitutes an acceptable profile. I’ve now re-blocked and re-sewn the sweatband into this one three times. Decided this is it!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Beauteous contributions, gents.
Coach, congratulations! And that Mexican cashmere looks very nice, very comfortable!

Tony, I love the fact that your hattitude is inclusive rather than exclusive. Cheers!:cheers1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner