Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeaBass I'm 6'3" so ones long enough for my arms rarely float up in the bay. Hats are about the only thing vintage I can ever find to fit.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

seabass

Call Me a Cab
SeaBass I'm 6'3" so ones long enough for my arms rarely float up in the bay. Hats are about the only thing vintage I can ever find to fit.

OK for vintage that's tough.... the new ones do come in tall/long sizes but $$ as you say....
they do look great with fedoras though.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Eric - Lovely Strat inspired VS. I think I could almost tell Art's work by the beauty of the ribbons.

Andy - I like the look of that Fedora. I'm still tempted by one myself.

John - A fine looking pair!

Thanks for the comments on today's Fed & leather shot - the Fed's certainly cope with British weather admirably.

101313.jpg

ottomatt2.jpg

Austrian Otto Matt, creatively creased with Mario's inimitable Berlin style. One of many Lounge members whose posts in this forum I miss.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, Alan. I miss Mario's posts too - hope he is doing OK.

A couple from me today - out with the doggies earlier this morning with my Garrison Indy Hat. I love this hat, it has been through heat, rain, ice, snow and is still just as good as the day it arrived (time to wash off some sweat stains though, eh?). These are one of the great bargains of custom hats.

smugshot_1632367-L.jpg

This afternoon - Cordova Cap. I have a couple of Jonathan's caps and just love them!

smugshot_7022636-L.jpg

Very interesting black hat Alan. Do you mind posting a pic of the crease from above?

Apologies for the dust - just moved my black hats down and straw hats up - haven't had a chance to steam and brush yet. There were photos of this hat in the German/Austrian thread prior to my purchase but it appears they are no longer hosted.

ottomatt7.jpg

ottomatt6.jpg

ottomatt5.jpg

ottomatt4.jpg

Originally estimated by Mario as 1920s-30s, I'm not sure the marks support the early date. French manufacture? I did find a listing for this company in a hutindustrie company listing dating to 1931, so perhaps.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Ottomatt is outstanding.

Went with my Mansfield duracraft black homburg to bring in my youth orchestra's inaugural concert of the season.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Fine hats today, gentlemen!! There is too much to be said so I will just say terrific job today.. I am glad to be in such a good company :)

Today I wore my Knox hat to church along with a 1970s action back coat for a more retro look..

0cByt27.jpg

DMo2z58.jpg

I remember seeing a poster with this pose..
dG99ORx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters