Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Nice Adam, David. I may have to go to the office tomorrow, meaning I will need to wear something other than jeans. Though I don't have an Adam like yours, I do have a Mallory that is fairly close - not to mention my Royal Stetson. It's been ages since I've had to think about matching a dress hat with a sport coat.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
D Bar J Camo today
IMG_9304.JPG
IMG_9307.JPG

WAR Wednesday calls for a wicked wide wibbon, wight?! Well...

IMG_5836_zps44650d43.jpg
[/URL]

Again, over a now-too-big-Sir Pend.

DJH that Adam is extremely sweet, and juxtaposed with your balmorals (a la SBG) is even better!

Ograd keep that Black Cherry beauty on! IMHO, your BEST look.

Casechopper, I couldn't find you. Must be that camo works! Cool look.

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Ograd keep that Black Cherry beauty on! IMHO, your BEST look.

You can be sure that I will be wearing this fedora for a while to come. I just love the late 30s styling of the ribbon that Art did. I'll take some better photos of the fedora this evening to show the great work that Art did on it.

Beautiful silverbelly G.Durand.
Really nice Adam DJH.
O-grad the black cherry has a nice shape to it. It looks good on you head.
HrM - awesome stingy porker!
Cashopper you're ready for the woods with the D bar J
Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Neophyte

HatsRMe, I really like the swoop and style of the pork with that ribbon. A standout piece of headwear for sure :eusa_clap.

Alan, that Nutria is still as amazing as ever!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan, It's always a pleasure to see that fantastic Nutria!

Charlie, that is a nice Pork Pie and looks very good on you!

Sam, hupps, that is and looks something different as a normal hat and I find him super!

Andy, very casual, I like that style!

David, a long time ago I saw the Mr Mainstreet on you thanks for posting him again!

G, sharp Silverbelly, impressively!

Mike, very good choice the Lock and Co, looks great on you!

Dale, you wear those stingys perfect!

TJ, great choice and combination, you rock it!

Steve, I can remember me, that was a fight about this Rockel but you won it and he is it worth.
Superbe!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Brisk 45'F weather this morning replaces the 2 days of cold rainy days. Fall is struggling to stay in Minnesota. I am heading to work in a 49'ers jacket and my VS Executive (bluesmoke).

IMG_6516-M.jpg

IMG_6509-S.jpg
IMG_6510-S.jpg

I hope you enjoy the Fall day. Best, Eric -

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Eric - another beautiful fedora by Art. I haven't seen the blue smoke color before. It looks amazingly versatile for a "blue" color hat. After seeing your Executive - I can't decide if it will be blue smoke or midnight blue for my next VS.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Eric - another beautiful fedora by Art. I haven't seen the blue smoke color before. It looks amazingly versatile for a "blue" color hat. After seeing your Executive - I can't decide if it will be blue smoke or midnight blue for my next VS.

Andy; I do not own a midnight blue felt so I do not have direct comparision. For me, when ordering this hat, I perceived the bluesmoke to more versatile. The above pics do show how the felt can have grayish-blue, gray and even a light blue depending on the type of light and contrasting attire/enviornment. Bridging the blue and gray colors made it "versatile" for my uses. I have worn the hat with blue blazers and gray jackets and thought they worked well. On this forum I showcase the hats certainly in more casual attire. When traveling or heading out in the evenings, dressed up a bit more, the hat felt color works well. It has turned out to be even more versatile than I thought as I now own 2 pairs of jeans and find the hat to work well with such casual blue slacks.

Another consideration, is that the darker dress felts come with dynamite pounced felt. Something about those felts have a very luxurious feel/look to them. I have been trying to get pics to capture some of those characteristics.

I did use Rabbit's well presented pics on the Art Fawcett thread. I have a couple saved in a file on my desktop for reference. The outside light pics are my fav's. I would reference those pics, if you have not already.

I have been eye'ing the new limestone color and the dynamite hat in the combo that GDurand has recently commisioned from Art. But then again, milans, turned up brims, 30's hats, fancy-dancy ribbons - hey I like them all. Just can not wear, store or convince my wife I should have them all!;)

Back to Hats being worn.....

Eric -

Last edited:

Roan

One of the Regulars
Been wearing this vintage Stetson I picked up a while ago a lot recently as it's one of my most comfortable hats. :)

2013-10-16125613-1.jpg

ManofKent

Thanks for the comments on yesterday's Fed. The tawny is my favourite colour.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Al - A Tawny Fed, obviously a man with great taste in hats :) Looks superb.

Eric - I love that Adam Exec and it goes beautifully with the shirt. Nice VS too.

g.d. - great tilt on that fine Dusty Lane :)

Charlie - a great Lee, and again a great tilt :) The WAR looks good too.

Steve - beautiful finish to that Rockel

TJones - I like that Bradford on you almost as much as the black beauty ;) Looks great with the leather.

Dh66 - yes great colour to that stingy.

Mike - Nice Lock & Co. How recent a model is it?

David - that's a lovely Adam. They did make some fine looking hats.

Andy - Nice black cherry.

Sam - It took me a minute to spot the hat :) Strikingly different, but I like it.

Alan - great nutria.

John - that's a really striking combination. Looks great.

Roan - Very nice.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Eric - I will say that the felt on my Black Cherry is different from both the Anasazi and Wanderer, which have light color felts. It is less dense, but richer in color. Very soft, yet it easily holds a bash without either steam or distilled water. I can see how the blue smoke can run anywhere from gray to blue - and yet that midnight blue is calling my name...

Landman

One Too Many
Great looking hats guys!

Andy, I wore my black cherry VS out to dinner last night and received 4 compliments from people I did not know. I think I get more compliments on it than any of my other hats. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it to post but it has an Open Road style black ribbon with a maroon accent in the bow. I think I posted a picture of it in the VS thread. I'll see if I can find it and post a link.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
It's never a bad hat day on the Lounge!

David: nice Adam, not sure that I've ever seen more decorative stitches on a single hat. The wind cord button matching the binding is a nice touch.
Andy: Proportions look good! That lightweight black cherry is great felt.
HatsRme: snazzy pork pie.
Eric: thanks for sharing the great photos, the VS is sharp as always
John: very striking combination on that FP
Roan: Nice Stetson, I like wide ribbons with shorter brims myself as well.
Richard: lovely shade of grey on that Christy's

It actually is warm enough to warrant a straw hat today in the bay area, as our Indian summer is in full effect. Instead though, I had to take out this new-to-me Borso via eBay. Creased it last night with some damp hands and had a go with zippo fluid stain removal. You can actually see on the front where it's still slightly noticeable, but I can live with it for now. Plus, I'm liking the brim up on this one, so it won't always be visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner