Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Andy and Teach; Nice hats fellows.

David; Wow a mullet and cap! Noting more needs to be said!

Raider; A glass and a raider on the porch sounds like a relaxing moment. Seize the moment sir.

Howard; Classy lid for stepping out on your cycle.

It is a cloudy, misty morning here. The winds from the north will usher in cool temps for the early week. I have been taking advantage of the moderate temps working in the yard in my VS Strat and a denim jacket.

IMG_6701-M.jpg

Below is a pic comparision to see how the contrast ribbon and the matching ribbon of the VS fedoras work. I hope you enjoy the thin ribbon shots.

IMG_6707-S.jpg
IMG_6693-S.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Manfred, the melone/coat combo is very good for you. This is a look you pull of very well.

Andy, that color Fed IV is really nice. If I were buying again, after seeing your photos I'd have bought that color Fed iv instead of the brown.

For today: Hat People full cut tweed cap. I'm finding caps and berets to be much more convenient when out with the kids as they can be stuffed into a pocket or sat on without being damaged.

IMG_9885.JPG

IMG_9886.JPG

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Having been working silly hours for the last week and a half, including all of last weekend, following the announcement of an inspection visit I've not been on here much other than for a quick browse. I can see I've missed some great hats, and far to many pages to go back and comment on. Next time I'm called away can you let the standard drop a little so I don't miss so much? ;)

Anyway, in the hope that work is back to normality, and I'm back to posting regularly, here are this weekend's:

Saturday, Akubra Fed IV

Sunday, re-worked Linney (Tonak):

g.durand

One Too Many
Looking good today, gents.
Manfred, thank you sir.
Andy and Richard, a couple of matching Feds, but worn with individual flair. Richard, you know the standards will only increase as we move along. Mr. Barnes is a great example of the improving company. Nice one, Matt.
case--good looking tweed.

Stetson Vita Felt.
IMG_3411_zps7b311c61.jpg

hatguy1

One Too Many
GDurand and ManofKent, those are fine looking fedoras!

Matt, I admire someone who can wear a homburg so stylishly. I tried one once thinking they'd look very sharp for more formal occasions, but my facial features just couldn't pull it off well. Yours looks very smart on you though.

Nice looking newsboy, Case. You make a great point too about the convenient storage of such caps compared to fedoras. I would think they're far easier to pack around on trips for the same reasons. When I travel with a fedora it's wear it or leave it at home for lack of space, safe packaging etc. And checked bag fees make lugging a separate case for a fedora both cumbersome and prohibitively expensive.

Eric, not only is that a great looking VS Strat, but I love the interesting photo of it with the lakeshore in the background. Very cool setting and perspective and all that.

Teach, great hat as usual, man.

So many great ones in the last two days!

GDurand if you had only one hat, it should be THAT VitaFelt. Wow, wow, WOW!

Hatguy1 I see why you feel comfy in that one... You OWN that look, man!

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Love the hats, gentlemen! It's really windy in Kansas City today, so I didn't wear the Knox 100--I didn't want to even take the chance it would blow off--so I went with an early 40s Whippet:

image.jpg

It was a good day, if on the long side!

A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael