Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hairy Selentino
IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao Encarnado, Now I can make an exception for a Black hat when it's a Western! Nice one my friend!
Coming from you, this is a serious compliment because of your hate for black hats :) Thank you!

20131204.jpg

Not even one cloud in the sky... Winter shouldn't be like this.

20131204sun.jpg

A bit of sun to share.

On this chilly morning I thought I'd sport this Western Straw a bit before I pack it away for the Winter! This one I played around with a few weeks ago and tried my hand at reshaping a straw. This old cheapie was crushed up pretty bad, so I soaked it under the kitchen faucet and re-stretched it over a paint can for less taper in the crown. I creased it with a tight pinch and put a leather band around it, and viola!
Nice work!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Love the hat pics. It really brightened my morning.

I have been out and shoveling and moving snow since early morning. The snow will continue thru the day and early evening. Temps are reasonable @ 20'F, but they should drop significantly the rest of the week. Wearing my Akubra Campdraft this morning. This hat rocks this morning.

IMG_6780-M.jpg

Let it snow, let it snow. Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Now that is a SWEET looking fedora. It looks fabulous on Andy.

TJ; The warm weather memories contrast greatly with our snow this today. Straw hat is good looking. I have a similar western for grass cutting chores.

Mike; Great looking lightweight with a blazer.

Case; The hairy fedora is worn with style.

Hato and hatguy; Must be the perfect moment to be a leather jaket day. Seeing the leathers has me looking at the jacket threads with interest again. Nice hat/jacket combos.

David; The picture of class - jacket/hat are sharp. I would open the door at the resturaunt for you this evening.

Eric -

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Brilliant hats today my friends.

Jeff, that is a lovely Cap your Hanna. I have the same and it's indeed super soft!

Richard, great Panizza. Looks as made for you!

David, super Courtney, a eye catcher!

Mike, looks great the Pecan VS!

TJ, nice shape and bash for your Western Straw, I like it!

Sam, great to the hairy Selentino again. It's cold and the right hat for Winter!

Andy, also a eye catcher your VS, looks brilliant!

hatguy, nice Boots and hat. Perfect for and Adventure!

Perry, looking good, Adam and Leather Jacket, a good team!

Joao, nice photos. A sunny day for you and your hat!

Eric, that looks cold in your area, brrrr. Stay warm!

Orangegrad

Practically Family
How is it Eric is getting snow and we have something of a heat wave in Cleveland (at least for today). Not that I want snow.

Really like the BGCD, Eric. But for some reason, I hardly wear mine. I even took it out of its box a few nights ago, put it on my noggin, then put it back in the box. Not sure why that is.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
"Good morning, Courtney", is right! what an excellent choice, David.

Loving the hat display this morning as well. Well done, everyone!

Thanks for the cap comments. T Jones, I wish I had known that a few years ago-- I could have saved a LOT of dough! ;) lol

Andy, that's a sweet wanderer. How wide is the brim? I'm becoming more interested in mid-ribbons lately, too.

Manfred, I know! I remember your Hanna Hats cap, and it was one of those that sealed the deal for me. I tried on several different cuts and patterns, and became rather smitten with the patchwork.

Joao, that's a fantastic one, and you're wearing a coat too! How cold down there?

Eric, you are a far better man than I. I shoveled for an hour and a half this morning, and by the time I got my kids to school I needed to shovel again! But instead I stayed inside and cursed. The temperature is dropping like mad today. Give me some of your Scandinavian blood! Very nice CD, by the way. Bluegrass Green? It looks like a Christmas tree the way you have it decorated. ;)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I'm wearing my Tumwater today. I've modified the crease again. Lowered the overall crown height and raised the telescoping part of the diamond. I also just don't like the brim down on this one, so back it goes with the up-flange.

Before:
v2xg.jpg

After:
dg9s.jpg

ykm0.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Andy, that's a sweet wanderer. How wide is the brim? I'm becoming more interested in mid-ribbons lately, too.

The brim is right at 2 3/8 inches. The dimensions of this hat, and its cousin the Anasazi which I will wear tomorrow, work well with my narrow face.

By the way, that is one sweet Tumwater - and that ribbon work! Just stunning.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Jeff; The up/down fedora is a good look on your head. It works for shoveling or school delivery chores as well. The cool weather will be coming from your direction in a few hours.

Steve; The Echter Mayser is a superb example of the 50's craftsmanship of an everyday item. Excellent choice from your hat closet.

Jlee; I agree that that is a seriousely NICE hat! A black Strat is cool looking.

I closed the gym this afternoon due to the local snow storm. On an evening off I have shoveled again, gone for a snow-shoe walk and will head out to ice fish in a bit. My Stormy Kromer is the working hat for this stormy evening.

IMG_6791-M.jpg

I wear my fedoras, newsboy caps, my woodsman caps, wool watch caps and on occasion even a ball styled cap (on the sailboat, grass cutting in the heat or MN Twin baseball game). In my thinking they are just "hats."

Head covered in the snowy evening, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy