Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrstengel

New in Town
Thank you to all for the gracious welcome and compliments on the Borso. I have a feeling I have just started down the "hat acquiring" path.

job

One Too Many
Great pics of great hats today. I am wearing a Resistol Stagecoach that I replaced the fugly hat band with a 1" grosgrain ribbon and I cut the brim down some a couple of years ago. It's a great snow hat.

snowhat003_zpse3240f3a.jpg

Last edited:
Teach, looking' good, buddy!
David, that Penman is sharp.
Paddy, great cap!
Sam, you pull off a beret better than anyone. Looks awesome.
Miami, great Borso....so 1950's.
Jeff, I love that Carmack, man.
g.d., sweet Mallory. We are on the same page today.
Dundee, phenomenal photo!!
Richard, looking sharp, per usual.
John, I really dig that Resistol. Cool glasses, by the way!

Mallory XV on this cold, blustery day...
View attachment 9791

Last edited:
Love those O.R.s, especially with the western crease! Is it a cowboy hat? Is it a fedora? It's the best of both worlds. Lookin good RC.

Great Mallories G.D. & 1mach1

I really like the way that brim works with your glasses JOB

Perfect ultra-vintage look Dundee

Nice Carmack B-man

MBruno great borso.....and tie!

Very masterly Case. You pull those off very well

Great looking Penman DJH.

Looks warm hatguy. Be careful in the cold

Cool cap YTT

MoK the tweed/velour combo is a hit!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

abatuget.jpg

Good chance for ice and/or snow here tonight. Inspired by Mr. Rclark to break it out for some lucky mojo.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Some great lids as usual, but in particular:
Jeff:great brim shape on that Carmack
Richard: glad to see stingies getting some love around here, that's a great long hair.
rclark: Open Road is always a classic look!
Harv: sharp Mallory

I'm still getting A LOT of head time with my Premiere Stratoliner:

rclark

Call Me a Cab
DH - looking good in your OR!

Jared - sweet look with the black premiere strat! How would you rate the quality? I'm highly inclined to order one myself, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks 1mach1. Crackin' a rye p.a. To you sir!

JLee that strat is HOT. I've been eyeballing those a lot lately. Good to see one in action.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Jared - sweet look with the black premiere strat! How would you rate the quality? I'm highly inclined to order one myself, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Hey Rick,

You'll find some more opinions from other loungers in the Open Crown Stetsons thread (towards the second half of the thread).

In a nutshell though, this is the nicest modern production hat I've seen in a while. Of course it's not vintage quality, but it's far superior to all the Stetson hats I've seen recently. The felt is thin yet dense and takes a dry crease well. The leather sweatband is nice and supple. Compared to a vintage hat the tacking stitches are somewhat obvious and the pin is not exact to the original Stratoliners, but all in all, it's a really nice hat.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Hey Rick,

You'll find some more opinions from other loungers in the Open Crown Stetsons thread (towards the second half of the thread).

In a nutshell though, this is the nicest modern production hat I've seen in a while. Of course it's not vintage quality, but it's far superior to all the Stetson hats I've seen recently. The felt is thin yet dense and takes a dry crease well. The leather sweatband is nice and supple. Compared to a vintage hat the tacking stitches are somewhat obvious and the pin is not exact to the original Stratoliners, but all in all, it's a really nice hat.

Thanks Jared!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the comments on the Penman from way back in the morning.

Mystic, this hat is made from Winchester's Charcoal felt, a nice deep darker grey. I've found that some of Winchester's dye jobs are better than others and this one is up there! Can't fault John's work either.

Really enjoyed the hat selection today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24