Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
Thanks to all for the comments on the Dobbs from yesterday. Some nice ones again today, guys.

Resistol Ten
photo-129_zpsfa21ab1e.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Yea that VS Milan on ED is it !

Great hats today everybody...

GD low 80's my side of the bay
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv9323%3Dot%3E7%3A77%3D487%3D34%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2834%3B3892725%3Aot1lsi

Prime Rib & hefeweizen draft
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6%3C45%3Dot%3E2834%3D9%3B5%3D%3B%3B%3A%3D37439%3B5%3A%3C934%3Bnu0mrj

My old friend, Knox
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3427%3Dot%3E2834%3D9%3B5%3D%3B%3A%3C%3D37439%3B5%3A%3B%3B34%3Bnu0mrj

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Guys ive posted this Knox panama up a plenty in the past

I've never had prime rib with pasta.

yea,Good pasta with tasty meat sauce & Comes with Minestrone Soup & salad & homemade bread for $ 11.95
http://www.macsoldhouse.com/2013_Macs_Food_Gallery/images/DLY_Minnestrone1000.jpg
http://www.macsoldhouse.com/2013_Macs_Food_Gallery/images/DLY_Salad1000.jpg
http://www.macsoldhouse.com/2013_Macs_Food_Gallery/images/DLY_Prime_ribw_1001.jpg.jpg
http://www.macsoldhouse.com/
ive been eating there since the meal was $8.95 Big chunk of melt in your mouth beef & homemade horseradish too.
Drinks were cheeper than now
current prices
bar_prices_med_2008.jpg

but always strong both then & now , used to have hat racks those are gone now
kind folk they always park me by that handy ledge for the lids
Man I love untouched old school EATS

Last edited:

gear-guy

Practically Family
Thanks to all for the comments on the Dobbs from yesterday. Some nice ones again today, guys.

Resistol Ten
photo-129_zpsfa21ab1e.jpg

G. looks good, I have never been a fan of the thin ribbon but that does look good. It should be noted that until I started paying attention to the lounge that I also was not a fan of wide brim hats but now that's all I want. Knowledge is good.

g.durand

One Too Many
G. looks good, I have never been a fan of the thin ribbon but that does look good. It should be noted that until I started paying attention to the lounge that I also was not a fan of wide brim hats but now that's all I want. Knowledge is good.

Thanks, my friend. It was the same with me. I have become a real fan of the thin-ribbon myself after hanging around here and I'm getting more comfortable with the wider brims.

Che--ah yes, the old time places are the best. Almost that warm here, too.
It will be continuous Milan weather soon (except in good ol' SF).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
They are big, expensive and "drink" too much. Also european pickup trucks do not have the same look as american ones.
I would love to have a F-100 like Uncle Jesse from Dukes of Hazzard.
The European trucks are way too small and under powered for my needs. For Roofing and Construction I need a bigger and heavier duty truck.

Uncle Jesse's truck from the Dukes of Hazzard was a '73 F100. I had one nearly identical to that one except mine was an F 350. I sold an '89 F 250 a few years back which had a 302, 5.0. I had the engine in that one rebuilt and souped up. It sounded like a beefed up Mustang coming down the street. It would get a lot of attention when people heard it. There was one guy who yelled out to his buddies in a garage, "It's a work truck, with ladder racks"! Even with that engine souped up, the 5.0 still wasn't enough to pull that big F 250, one of Ford's WTH were they thinking moments when they small block V8s in heavy bodied F 250s. A big 460 with plenty of torque from an old Lincoln would have worked out real nice for that one, plus a nice Western hat to wear while driving it!...I have a GMC now, plus a few nice hats to wear while I'm driving it around. ;)

Last edited:
^ Terry, remember Ford's big 300 CID in-line 6 they put in the 350s and B class trucks? That big 6 had enough torque to pull a house off it's foundation, especially with a granny gear 4 speed. :p

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice to look back at the great straw hats posted yesterday - certainly not straw weather here in cold, windy, snowy, New Hampshire

Cordova cap for me

smugshot_3933067-L.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
^ Terry, remember Ford's big 300 CID in-line 6 they put in the 350s and B class trucks? That big 6 had enough torque to pull a house off it's foundation, especially with a granny gear 4 speed. :p
Yup. I just sold an '80 F100 with that very engine a few months back. Those 300 sixes generated more torque than both the 302 and 351. The 300s had a longer stroke than either of those two engines....and they lasted forever. They were tough engines. My 300 had Headman Headers, an MSD ignition box, an Offenhauser intake, and an Edlebrock Performer 500 cfm carburetor. The only issue I had with those engines was their suffocating head. They drank gas like a big block. If I would have kept mine, I was going to have the head taken in and polished and have bigger valves put in it, with a 472 / 448 torque cam. That would have bumped up the horsepower some, to near 200 hp with some of the other stuff I had done to it. They were big on torque, but low on horse power...but when you're pulling truck weight you need the torque.

Last edited:

gear-guy

Practically Family
Yup. I just sold an '80 F100 with that very engine a few months back. Those 300 sixes generated more torque than both the 302 and 351. The 300s had a longer stroke than either of those two engines....and they lasted forever. They were tough engines. My 300 had Headman Headers, an MSD ignition box, an Offenhauser intake, and an Edlebrock Performer 500 cfm carburetor. The only issue I had with those engines was their suffocating head. They drank gas like a big block. If I would have kept mine, I was going to have the head taken in and polished and have bigger valves put in it, with a 472 / 448 torque cam. That would have bumped up the horsepower some, to near 200 hp with some of the other stuff I had done to it. They were big on torque, but low on horse power...but when you're pulling truck weight you need the torque.

300 6 that does bring back good memories. Indestructible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails