Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
David - Cordova caps are the best. Classic style, custom made. What more could you want.
Jbucklin - the VS duo are superb, as would be expected from Art's work. I too have a VS Black Cherry, which is one of my favorites.

WAR Wednesday with a Tumwater from Tony B. I'm not sure if I prefer it with the front brim snapped down or up.

View attachment 12660

View attachment 12661

Nice cap, Dave.
JB those VS hats are super. The Black Cherry goes great with the guitar! And verrrrry nice guitar at that.
Photoon4-16-14at802AM.jpg

Royal Stetson for me today. Cold, but at least sunny.

jbucklin

Practically Family
JB those VS hats are super. The Black Cherry goes great with the guitar! And verrrrry nice guitar at that.

Thanks Perry. The guitar is a Benedetto. I love it almost as much as the Black Cherry VS, LOL!
Really dig your Royal Stetson. I need more vintage lids.

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Some awesome hats lately. Jealous about you straw wearing gents. Had snow on the ground this morning.

Che, great Milan. I miss color. In hats, in nature, in clothing. This New England blah has got to go.

David – I need to get me one of those. So many of those around.

JBucklin – What great colors on that VS Cherry.

Andy – Looks good either way. There aren’t too many hats I can say that about. Nice spring color, too. Whenever it gets here, that is.

Hato – that Stetson looks grand. That felt looks so soft from here.

Casechopper – Nice, nice, nice.

A new hat today: Stephen L. Stetson fedora. The felt is nowhere near as nice as John B., but I like the style.

View attachment 12662

View attachment 12663

View attachment 12664

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Nice lid Charlie. Classic.
Miami - you always look so professionally dressed. Perhaps your job requires it.

My wife prefers brim up on this hat, so brim up it is.

Then, definitely, UP it IS, Andy. It's good to get a nod from the "Boss!" I like the brim up on that one, too, but you already have the only opinion you need...

If it's appropriate, I Hope you had a good seder!

jbucklin

Practically Family
I don't know what happened. I never could get this chocolate VS to look right, and voila, it looks just the way I like it! Please pardon the multiple pics.
photo_zpsa703119f.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
The European trucks are way too small and under powered for my needs. For Roofing and Construction I need a bigger and heavier duty truck.
There are some new models that look like americans. Some with 2500cc and some with 3000cc engines. V6 or V8 engines are rare.

Uncle Jesse's truck from the Dukes of Hazzard was a '73 F100. I had one nearly identical to that one except mine was an F 350. I sold an '89 F 250 a few years back which had a 302, 5.0. I had the engine in that one rebuilt and souped up. It sounded like a beefed up Mustang coming down the street. It would get a lot of attention when people heard it. There was one guy who yelled out to his buddies in a garage, "It's a work truck, with ladder racks"! Even with that engine souped up, the 5.0 still wasn't enough to pull that big F 250, one of Ford's WTH were they thinking moments when they small block V8s in heavy bodied F 250s. A big 460 with plenty of torque from an old Lincoln would have worked out real nice for that one, plus a nice Western hat to wear while driving it!...I have a GMC now, plus a few nice hats to wear while I'm driving it around. ;)
Cool.

VS Black Cherry
I like the effect with the lighting. Nice guitar. But not very found of sunburst paint job.

For today this modern 5x beaver Stetson (autentic x's).
20140416.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Today the cold is back and the sun is shining as usually happens when the breeze nite you.
I wear, one of the last times, before the summer, one of the All-Blacks who are in my wardrobe
Fortunately, the temperature rises during the day makes it more pleasant to walk on the streets.
View attachment 12668
It 'an American Legend 5 x fur felt, part of the bunch bought this winter.
View attachment 12669

This is my father
View attachment 12666
and his talisman hat
View attachment 12667

Congratulations to all for the great hats worn in between winter and spring.
They are a constant inspiration to me and I hope to continue in a short time with straw hats essential for the hot summer in Italy.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good CAM from Central Ohio Gents! You guys all look great as usual!

Dave, I gotta get either a Cordova or Simonds cap. It looks great with the leather jacket!
jbucklin, I really like that VS Chocolate. Nice!
gear-guy, Oh yeah, the 300 6s were definitely tough. UPS had the 300s in their trucks at one time and even designed a special 'Crossflow' head for them. It looked like it was patterned after a Boss 302 head. It never saw service though and the heads that UPS had for them were sold off. I saw a bare crossflow head sell for $1200, and that was a bargain!
Andy, Nice Tumwater! I vote for snapping down the brim!
Perry, as usual, you don some of the nicest collection of lids! Nice Royal Stetson!
casechopper, gotta love the classic Fed IV!
Miamibruno, Ah yes, the Stephen Stetson...wasn't he the nephew to John B.? Nice Stephen Stetson!
hatsRme, Classic Knox! I like that one!
Joao, once again, showing why you're the King of the Westerns with your 5X Stetson!

An earlier photo but I'm wearing this one again today, especially after the lady who works at our local pharmacy said I looked real dapper wearing it! ;) My 3X OR Conversion with Center Dent and Khaki colored mid-ribbon...

Comparison_02.jpg

Pickin' and Grinnin' from the Man-Cave with my trusty Telecaster and Open Road!

OR_Tele_a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21