Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - just a small contrast with the topper's brim width then ;) Looks good.
Small you say? Maybe only on crown height. ;)
smalldiff01.jpg

Today this 30x beaver Stetson I just sewed the sweatband I fixed (I just had to take a spin with it).
20140503.jpg

Looks like a motorhead hat with that hatband.

Kevlar

New in Town
Black cotton trilby. Rather like the one James Bond wore in Dr. No and From Russia, With Love.

No-name, mass-produced, but I liked it the moment I set it on my head and looked into the nearest mirror.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andy - nice hat for a proud father :)

Charlie - Nice pug on that milan.

Mystic - I generally prefer matching brim-binding and ribbons, but that is a real exception. Beautiful.

Joao - Oddly I rather like that band...

Javier - really nice Foxhound.

Kevlar - join the rest of us ugly mugs and post a photo :)

Hats-r-Me I love a stingy Milan. especially with the brim up. that hat screams summertime fun

Mystic- nice whippet sir,it's a beautiful color

Joao Lemmy would be proud. You wear it with an iron fist

very good looking Knox Javier

gear-guy

Practically Family
Hats, nice straw
Mystic, that is a wonderful look
Joao, great as usual
Javier, A very good purchase from Garrett, very nice indeed.
Richard, great as always
I went with the Hanna linen today as it is windy.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic hats today guys - Andy, I enjoyed your photos with your daughter. It's great to see the next generation doing so well. We are constantly amazed by what our own daughter is doing to shape her future. She'll be 21 next month and it seems that during this last year she made the transition from our little girl to an ambitious young adult.

This is the first time I've been able to visit the Lounge today. We've been working a wedding (hopefully my last wedding photo gig) in Connecticut. I did grab a selfie as we were leaving at 5.30 this morning. The grey Borsalino came to me via stylish Lounger metropd a couple of years back.

smugshot_2334056-L.jpg

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
Alan--happy belated birthday. It just gets better from here. :)

Andy--congrats on your daughter's accomplishment. What an honor. Nice look today, too.

hRm--congrats to you, too, sir, for having the opportunity to break out the straw. Great looking Dobbs.

Mystic--that's a fine, fine lid you have there, sir.

Joao--you are the supreme wide-brim afficionado around here. The 30X is another great example.

Javier--nice Knox Fox.

Richard--another stellar outfit and nicely hatted as usual.

gear-guy--that's a good looking linen cap.

David--love the Borso.

Two hats for me today, coincidentally the two most weathered hats I have.

This morning, one of my Stetson Playboys.
photo2-91_zps5d0378c6.jpg

This afternoon, Dobbs Twenty lightweight.
photo2-92_zps014c5f9c.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gear-guy - nice linen cap, I find them perfect for breezy summer days

David - very nice Borso

Michael - a fine pair of hats. Difficult to choose a favourite, maybe the Playboy just edges it.

Thanks for the comments folks.

David, you look impressively sharp at 5:30.

Beautiful hats from all quarters today. G.D, Mystic, Javier... great classic vintage there.

Mazel tov, Andy!

Thanks again for the good wishes and encouragement.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - Oddly I rather like that band...
It's not bad, but maybe a bit of too much bling. A cowboy hat here already turn heads. :)

Joao Lemmy would be proud. You wear it with an iron fist
Thanks!!

Joao, great as usual
Thanks!!

Joao--you are the supreme wide-brim afficionado around here. The 30X is another great example.
Thanks. :D I do love my wide brims. The 30x is really nice.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Thanks for all the kind words, gentlemen. My wife and I are proud, especially when we know that Hannah is not necessarily brilliant - she just out-works and out-hustles the brilliant kids. There's something to be said for hard work.

Michael - that Playboy is fantastic. Mine doesn't have anywhere near the style. Just a fantastic color.
Richard - your photos make me want to visit where you live. Here in Cleveland, we don't have old, and we don't have new. It's just...Cleveland.
David - congrats on your daughter's continued maturity. It's great when we know our kids are turning out well.

We're back home, and I must admit that I enjoy being in my own house. Akubra Banjo Paterson today.

View attachment 13351

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Wow! Take a day off and look what happens! In a rush again this a.m. so I apologize for not having the time to comment on individual hats. You guys look really great and I'm envious of all the nice lids displayed here this morning...

I finished another conversion on a 3X OR to give it something of a Raiders / LC look, but with my own touches added to the mix, (I don't particularly favor Center Dents in ORs, Strats, Whippets, or Playboys). I went with a C-Crown crease at 4 1/2 inches tall at the pinch with deep dents and a contrasting medium brown mid-ribbon with double bow. I also reshaped the brim to give it something of a Raiders swoop and sewed in a new sweat...more pics in the Conversion Corral...

The_3_X_01.jpg

The_3_X_03.jpg

The_3_X_06.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy