Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harv your straw of yesterday was a standout, sir!!

It's straw weather here today. I pulled out the "intended wedding hat" of last season. I avoided wearing this specially commissioned Panama at my daughters wedding last September so that it wouldn't rain. The skies looked ominous, and I knew that if I wore the Panama it would definitely rain, so I switched to a Homburg and the sun popped through.

Should I have the crown raised a touch, like almost 1 cm (knowing that I would lose the same amount of brim width)?! Opinions, PLEASE.

Thanks, Charlie!
I think I would sacrifice some brim and raise the crown a bit. Looks like you have enough brim on that one. :D
Who made it?

Beautiful, Alan!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
na5e8y9a.jpg

Falcon park.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Andy, Harv, hatsRme, jhe, b-man, nice FP btw, nice display of lids guys!

I'm tinkering around a bit with the 4X Stagecoach Indy conversion that John Galt did for me. I lowered the crown height a little and then recreased it again with a Center Dent. As soon as I can get a darker ribbon I'll change that out again too. I have to say John G. does 'em up nice...this one's way too hot for Summer wear though...

The_Indy_03.jpg

The_Indy_02.jpg

The_Indy_05.jpg

The_Indy_06.jpg

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I'm tinkering around a bit with the 4X Stagecoach Indy conversion that John Galt did for me. I lowered the crown height a little and then recreased it again with a Center Dent. As soon as I can get a darker ribbon I'll change that out again too. I have to say John G. does 'em up nice...this one's way too hot for Summer wear though...

When will that one be finished?

Today this black Stagecoach... untrimmed and not going to.
20140618.jpg

Looks great, Terry. I don't think would change ribbon color if it was me. I really like the color combo!

Joao, that Stagecoach is absolutely beautiful! What is the brim on that one, 4 1/2"?

NewJack

Practically Family
Thanks to all you hat loving 'enablers', I introduce my first vintage (1970's) Dobbs Straw! It is, according to Jazz pianist Chick Corea, 'Light as a Feather'

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, that Stagecoach is absolutely beautiful! What is the brim on that one, 4 1/2"?
4 1/4" but it gives 3 7/8" to 4" with the pencil roll. I like the dark grey ribbon. The feathers are still there... but don't know if I will remove them someday. They are a conversation starter...

Thanks to all you hat loving 'enablers', I introduce my first vintage (1970's) Dobbs Straw! It is, according to Jazz pianist Chick Corea, 'Light as a Feather'
Nice one. It have different wave patterns.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the opinions, suggestions regarding this morning's Panama, gents. It's a Panama Hats Direct "Special Reserve" quality (barely) which was finished by 3rd generation hatter Vince Corvelli of Bethesda, Maryland. http://americanhatters.com/

And as for the other hats of today...
Completely SPLENDID Echter Mayser, mayserwegener. Classic!

Joao, that brim needs no trim.

All Panamas, All day, Alan! What are the FX? PERFECT!

Jeff that F.P is also just perfect!

TJones I think that convo is just what the doctor ordered... sublime!

NewJack your new Panama is so, SO right for you, sir! Avatar material!!

Last edited:

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
Akubra Stylemaster

I'm posting a this a little late, but here is my new (to me) Akubra Stylemaster that I bought on Ebay and wore today to work.

g.durand

One Too Many
Nice hats all around, gents.

This one isn't in the same class as Charlie's custom number or Alan's supernatural or NewJack's Dobbs, but it's a hat I can expose to some perspiration on a hot day without fretting too much.

Modern Open Road Panama, reshaped.
photo-165_zps38cf7966.jpg

Lt.Hats, you are styling in that Stylemaster, sir. Really a great lid for you, IMHO.

We all have a "Yard hat" GDurand, and that's sure a nice one. Give it time to break in, like Renaud's "fence building, hog chasing, brush cutting, hay hauling hat," reposted here...

View attachment 15062

DJH

I'll Lock Up
No chance to check in this week, until now. Looks like I've missed a lot of good stuff.

Warm here in NH (as it was in the Cincinnati area where I've been the last few days), wearing my VS milan Dualist

smugshot_2115446-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner