Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Looking good Joao. Looks like a fun weekend!
It was a bit tiring... too much kilometers on a car.

Joao that's the perfect use for a straw western. I need a road trip like that myself soon! The blue one is nice too.
Don't know how perfect use it is but at least I think no one will steal it there.

--------

Because of the wide brimmed hats the folclore groups uses, I missed by wider brims, so this black 60's Stetson.
20140804.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
Congrats to everyone on all the great looking hats today.
Alan, thanks for sharing your Aunt Sylvia's 100th. We should all hope to be so lucky. I would say she the wins the day.

Stepped out after work in the VS Dove.
photo-191_zpsba2239d2.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday's displays were all great. Alan, what an inspiring picture.

It's always good to see that Tilden first thing in the morning, Perry! What a great hat.

LOVE the DOVE, GDurand!

Today's Tilden and coordinating colors are spectacular, Perry!

Joao I think the brim on that beauty actually grew... awesome!

Alan thanks for a peek into the party, and to Aunt Sylvia (my Bubbe was a Sylvia) and her "gang," a heartfelt "Zie Gezundt!!"

Today I pulled out my trusty VS Whiskey, and installed the feather I found in the middle of our road a couple of days ago. My version of autoclaving (the feather) was a stay in the freezer... Hope it worked!

Cool Charlie.

Thank you all for the warm wishes to Aunt Sylvia. She is an incredible lady. Last survivor of 6 siblings that included my grandmother. She was 2 1/2 pounds at birth in 1914. Lived the first couple of months of her life in a dresser drawer.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Charlie, that whiskey color and Whippet styling really suits you well. Very Nice!

Joao, now I see why the women were following you around at the beach. They wanted to sit in the shade under the brim of that Stetson!

080514.jpg

080514_2.jpg

Only 8 more days for Lily to drive me crazy. And vice versa. Then goodbye Buffalo for Columbus.

Brooks Brothers panama in the midst of daddy/daughter shenanigans.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats today Gents! Everyone's looking sharp!

Thought I'd try a little something different on my Panama. I already changed out the crease and ribbon on this one. So now I reshaped the brim to something of a Cowboy curl. Now I'm trying to decide whether I should change out the ribbon again to an ORish or Campaign style thin ribbon....hmmm

Panama.jpg

Just amazing, Alan. So fortunate on both ends of life's road.

ramers.jpg

Thanks Charlie. This is my favorite family portrait of the Ramers. Sylvia was not yet born when this was taken (c. 1910). From left to right, Bess, Nat, Edith, Aaron and Milton. Bess and Nat were born in Europe (Austria/Poland/Ukraine - borders have changed) Edith, my grandmother, was in utero during the crossing. Nat was a painter - his pictures show up in my hat photos. He had a studio above Max's Kansas City on Park Avenue South for many decades. Aaron was a lawyer - he was killed shortly after reaching Spain with the Abraham Lincoln brigades. Nat was supposedly going too, but got on the wrong train and missed the boat (so legend says). Milton was a psychiatrist who lived to be 94. Not sure why he is wearing a dress. Aunt Sylvia was born in 1914 - the last surviving sibling.

Alan, great pics. I'm sure you'll miss her.
As you can tell from my avatar I'm a big fan of old family pictures, those are great treasures to have.

I like the shape of the panama Terry, you don't seem so sure??:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner