Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Mike, that's great! Brim is very nice.
Alive, both hats are super. Nice photo montage. We don't get near enough laughing hatted photos around here.
Nice to see your rosy face again, Eric!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Not too hot yet, but a little moist. Starting the day with this pantropic. I believe it is supposed to be rollable, because of the fabric sweatband, but i don't really want to try it.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the comments about my little tribute to alanfgag's style everybody.

What did you get from Moctezuma's?

Chorizo con huevos Garrett, not on the menu but no big deal for em. Oh, and a couple Acapulco margaritas, best in town!

Nice straws David, Joao will be proud of you for the Resistol but I love the Dobbs.

Eric, love the Lee w/feather but be proud of those whiskers! You earned em.

Jeff, the Pantropic looks fine as is, no need to smoke it ;)

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Apologies all around. I didn't know the names, so asked about the "Friedman inspired brim." Now I know!

Like Alan said Greg, no apologies, it was all fun. In fact your reply "who is Friedman" was perfect!

Thanks Harv, here's a pix of the crown by BSHW:

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
Not quite the Friedman-inspired brim, but a brim-up '50s Royal Deluxe Open Road for a trip to Mendocino today. I'm beginning to like wearing a lot of the thin-ribboned hats this way.

photo2-137_zpsba3de828.jpg

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, something about that seems more "gentlemanly" today. nice.
Thank you.

Joao, in our area in New England we have a pretty large Portuguese population group.
Most are descendants of immigrants that came to work in the textile mills during the industrial revolution.
A few generations back, these families still mainly spoke Portuguese, but most (including some good friends of ours) have lost this talent.
Great people for debates every four years when the World Cup comes around.
We have sizable modern Portuguese speaking populations from the Azores and Cape Verde Islands too.
Portuguese people are scattered around the globe. Something about the "Descobrimentos" fase ;)

Thank you ;)

Wore this yesterday. My new Resistol Cattleman straw. Pics include my wife's successful attempt at making me laugh by making funny faces and asking if I was showing off again for my friends on The Fedora Lounge.
Nice one ;)

Nice straws David, Joao will be proud of you for the Resistol but I love the Dobbs.
;)

I arrived home late yesterday from Algarve and didn't had time to resize my weekend pictures. When I return from work, I'll do that, now some topics to catch up.

Great hats yesterday GregNYC, G.D., SBG, B-man, and A-n-A.

Mike that crease on the Stetson is top shelf! I had pretty much decided to leave my junk shop Stetson in as found condition, it's a little wonky but I like the character it adds. After seeing that tight ship you're sailing I might rethink that.

Michael I am (as you may have guessed by now) a huge fan of the brim up, and this extends to Open Roads as well. You look ready for the open road, especially with the shades. Perfect pair for a trip. A hat like that begs for a little wind in the face and diner coffee.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We are enjoying a little extra time off today and taking a short road trip. The BG Campdraft needs to get out of the house for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats