Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perry, Thanks! I updated my avatar last week.

Daniele, Thanks! Also for posting the additional Hückel photos.

Mystic, Thanks! Yes that one is tough to dress down. :)

David, Great looking Cordova cap! Good to hear you are heading home.

Charlie, Super + Appropriate Biltmore Senator!

Greg, Sharp looking Retro Sport cap! Also like the scarf.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Going back to the dentist I photographed the Adige with the flood wave.
It is one of the fastest rivers of Europe passing through a city View attachment 19886 In the past, did damage and deaths.
View attachment 19887
The hat is a Meer, the name of the hats shop, where I bought some of the old stock.
View attachment 19888
It comes directly from the years 30 or 40.
View attachment 19889
The felt is thick and unlined marked Thibet
I did some research with the seller and he told me the story of this hats shop in Strasbourg lead by his father that in 1980 bought from the original owner, in his 95, the shop and the hats in stocks. Some of them are now in my office.
The Adige in its scariest mood
View attachment 19890

GregNYC

One Too Many
Charlie, thanks for the SUPREME, COURTLY comments! I couldn't do politics either. As much teaching as I do, I'm a natural introvert! But I do have two Biltmore "President" models!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daniele, Has there been any flood issues in Verona? I saw where Genoa really got hit hard a few weeks ago. The Meer Thibet has great form. Would be interested in seeing more details (also the others you mention).

I hope all escape without much damage, Daniele.

Some very strong and confident statements today, well done!

David, I've totally lost my will to do trade shows. I hope you have time for some R&R. That is definitely not a cookie cutter cap, though it does bring to mind some cookies that Donna makes around the holidays.

I have on a Barbisio "Lago Di Como" today - a nice hat with an alpine flair around the brim flange (not seen well in this photo). I had the pleasure of visiting Lake Como on my first journey to Europe 40+ years ago. The tightly spaced tacking of this thin ribbon is kinda wild - as if it is riveted in place.

110614.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Daniele, I always like your posts, always learn something and find something to smile about!

Alan, I'd also like to see that Barbisio from more angles. It's got very nice lines!

Harv, looks great, but I don't know if I'd have the courage to do that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...Greg, get brave with your hats. Most are designed to take a good beating. :D
I concur. Your hats are supposed to protect you from the elements, not the other way 'round. ;) As long as they're not wool felt, and you allow them to dry naturally (i.e., don't use heat to try to dry them faster), they should be fine.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Thanks everyone! I was half joking about the rain, but it's also nice to be reminded! :) Because of my allergies to wool, I haven't acquired a wool felt hat. (in the case of tweed caps, there are some I can't wear because parts of the tweed touch the skin...)

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
No Steve no flood in Verona since 1883 when for the last time (all we hope) Adige destroyed most of the town with deads.
A huge amount of infrastructures were builded to avoid others flood. Verona lost forever its river architectures and activities and the map change drastically.
Alan a week ago I was in a little trip on Como lake. It was a mellow afternoon of road along the coast of lake. Very relaxing.
Today going and coming to the dentist I took oters pictures of the flood wave, fortunatly it is not one of the worst I seen in my life.
View attachment 19952
The hat is an Antonin France greysh-blu with curious stitches for the ribbon.
View attachment 19953
It is an Homburg with a fedora crown I made, following ancient illustrations of hats in the 20 - 30
View attachment 19954
The felt is very soft, medium pliable and unlined
View attachment 19955
Here a detail of the ribbon, bow and stitches in other colour
View attachment 19956

Compliments to all hats of yesterday they lighten a very dark day

Daniele, I love that Homburg! Beautiful ribbon, and great bash. Thanks for sharing the city and rivers past history. The pics are very interesting. Verona is on my list of places to visit!!

Perry. looking dapper. Great HH, and I love the sweater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183