Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dermotta Wien

15201272934_2591113ca9_c.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Charlie, thanks, I'll give it a try. I think I might need a guide, since I can't place a hat to a decade yet. I might make a special trip to Boston just for hat-browsing. Is that feasible?

Moe, thanks for the photo! The Knox looks good, and with the tie, even better!

Mayser, spectacular!

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
Hi, sorry to post this in here, but I have tried in other threads including one asking this question directly with no results. Here is the question "is the Dobbs challenger of less quality or made of wool? I'm about to get one, but afraid of getting a wool hat..
Thanks in advance and sorry to post this here, but need your expertise!

Another fan of Ochs...

Wow, Steve! The Dermotta is special, sir.

Alan I was wondering if we'd hear from you today. Lovely, perfect longhair!

Greg just let me know what you are planning. We should be able to coordinate a trip (given sufficient opportunity to mastermind such a caper). PM me... Maybe even pile-on Perry, or others, if the timing works. Maybe this will give rise to a Boston Lounger gathering around such an adventure. HMMMMMmmmmmm.

Trevi I think you are going to be very, VERY happy with the lid you are awaiting. The marketing model names on hats are generally just that -- model NAMES only. There has been a fair amount of "Lounge" discussion recently on the various model names from various hat manufacturers, and the fact is that the names were sometimes applied or not applied to a hat based on the intended market more than on the hat itself. From the photos you posted, it looks to be a terrific hat in super condition; nothing to be ashamed of! You did very well. Wait until you put that sweet felt on your keppe... Enjoy the hat, sir!

P.S. I would be shocked if your new lid is made of wool.

Another fan of Ochs...

Greg just let me know what you are planning. We should be able to coordinate a trip (given sufficient opportunity to mastermind such a caper). PM me... Maybe even pile-on Perry, or others, if the timing works. Maybe this will give rise to a Boston Lounger gathering around such an adventure. HMMMMMmmmmmm.

Phil Ochs, Dave Van Ronk, Pete Seeger, love those old folkies.

A resumption of the North Shore Hat Club??? Yeah.

THIS time we'll hit the WAREHOUSE, Perry. Be still, my heart!!

IF it's still operating.

Those old Folkies were just about mainstream in the sickies, err sixties. Sigh....

Last edited:

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
Trevi I think you are going to be very, VERY happy with the lid you are awaiting. The marketing model names on hats are generally just that -- model NAMES only. There has been a fair amount of "Lounge" discussion recently on the various model names from various hat manufacturers, and the fact is that the names were sometimes applied or not applied to a hat based on the intended market more than on the hat itself. From the photos you posted, it looks to be a terrific hat in super condition; nothing to be ashamed of! You did very well. Wait until you put that sweet felt on your keppe... Enjoy the hat, sir!

P.S. I would be shocked if your new lid is made of wool.

Thanks!

Thank you Greg and Greg!

The color is granite (beaver felt). Underwelt brim is 2 3/8", 4 7/8" finished teardrop crown, and 1 1/2" black grosgrain ribbon. Parker does really nice work, and his prices for a custom beaver can't be beat. You will wait half a year to get the hat, but I'd say it is well worth the wait.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
In the morning this Stetson Big Country
20141118.jpg

And by lunch the weather deteriorated and big dark clouds appeared so I switched back to this thoroughbred, but again I got no rain in it.
20141118b.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Joao, the greater the variety Westerns I see you wearing, the more appreciation I have for your collection, and the more I think I like the big ones on you!

Harv, this NYC Greg agrees with the UK Greg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari