Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Playing around with different looks since I had to pull out the long coats.

Thought about wearing the bowler...
3f896bfa01112dc691584a0c3706b86b.jpg

... but my wife suggested the black Resistol.
a9cb8652b5ccac467088e15d1619ce5a.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
David, that Tumwater looks to have a pretty tall crown itself!

Strapped, I like both looks. I think my wife would prefer the Resistol too. She comes from China and has a different sense of background history and imagery.

For today, sorry about the repeat. I wanted to give the Monsivais newsboy an all-day run. So, on the way to work in 28-degree weather with some wind-chill. And me on a 20-min walk to the subway!

1a37978f8a05648a2c6ee7049dc29605.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harv, Thanks! Your Kevin McAndrew wears great (nice front pinch)! I really like the felt color and finish.
Thank you, Steve. KMcA labeled this color as "beach". I have had it one for a while, and just got it back from having it cleaned by Falcon Park. It was my first beaver hat, and one of my best fitting ones, as well.

TedQ, I love those NW hats of yours. Great crown design.

David, that is a sharp Tummy! Super brim treatment.

S4C, can't go wrong either way!!

Greg, beautiful cap. Which maker?

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Moe, I'd like to see a headshot of that Knox!

Perry, looking toasty-warm there!

Charlie, that Royal Stetson looks like a great everyday-wear hat. How's the felt?

Last edited:
The felt's fine, Greg. No mothing, scuffing, nuffing! probably could use a little TLC on the frumpled look. But all in all, this one's pristine inside.

Heavy sweater with that sweet Stetson there today, Perry!

GregNYC

One Too Many
I like the frumpled look, Charlie! I was trying to get an idea of 50's felt. I hear that felt was better in the 50's and even better in the 40's. But I don't know yet how to translate that into a tactile vocabulary... I need to experience more hats from those decades....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find a vintage store on 23rd St. Spend a Saturday morning checking out the scene, and stuff. I've not been there yet, so if you can wait, I'll join you when we are on a visit to my expecting, Manhattan-dwelling daughter and Son-in-law. Nothing scheduled at the moment, but imminently, I'm sure...

Or if you are planning a Boston visit, I can take you to a place around there where you can try on quite a few vintage lids... Woo-HA!

111814.jpg

Counting my blessings and thinking of neighbors just to the south who are sitting in 4-5 feet of snow. The northern line of this lake effect storm is incredibly sharp, dumping heavy snow just to the south of downtown and leaving the areas to the north virtually untouched. My backyard (perhaps a mile north of downtown) this morning...

111814_2.jpg

111814_3.jpg

The last leaves have left my maple bonsai which has moved to its winter spot by the basement window. I'm wearing an old Crofut & Knapp longhair soft hat.

Last edited:

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Green leaves of summer turn red in the fall,

To brown and to yellow they fade, and then they have to

die, trapped within the circle time parade of changes. Phil Ochs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member