Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Akubra Fed IV today
IMG_9274.JPG

Looking solid today, Sam. Striking image under the FedIV, following what must have been a long, lovely weekend around your home!

Greg, thank goodness you're back, sporting that classic cap you have mastered! Wonder how they could even turn the lights on in the city when you're not there... ;)

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy! Your care and support of Daniel is simply awe-inspiring. Your reservation (in Heaven) is made. He looks SPLENDID!

This morning I thought this Peters Bros. needed some headtime.

Monday is trash day...

Hi Charlie... I posted this in the Barbisio Brothers thread when it arrived. I've never altered the porky crease. It was a little small, but fits better now that my hair is shorter and less ample. The Panizza that came from the same owner is the more interesting of the two.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Alan this type of hat, here in Italy, with more or less the same mesure of crown is called "caciottella". (By the way is also a name of a cheese)
It seems to be produced by some EU hatters during the 50' and 60'. I have one, new-old stock, made by Flechet.
This Barbisio is really nice and is a good breath after all these westerns :)

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I am enjoying taking a break and looking thru the posts. CHEERS!

A gray and rainy day in MN. By gosh it hit 50'F with rain - in December. :eusa_doh: We typically have a couple feet of snow with it coming each week. [huh] Ranting.....

Hats, oh yes. Yesterday I took inside time to clean some hats (felt and straw). A vtg Straw Stetson, a vtg. Stetson (charcoal) and a 50's Lee (green gray felt) got special attention with landing, brushing and steaming. The pic below shares the Ommegang Abbey Ale I treated myself to. http://www.ommegang.com/#!beer_abbey Today my new, to me, 50's Stetson Whippet (charcoal) was my hat of choice. The hat & box wait patiently at my desk for my departure after 9:30pm tonight. It will not see daylight today - perhaps later this week. I am optimistic.

i-Ng8xP5s-M.jpg

i-vjwjkrZ-S.jpg
i-BvTFH2t-S.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thank you Perry and Daniele - great information. Variety is the spice of life, no? Not sure about coats, but I am a cat of many hats. :eusa_doh:

After viewing Alan's hat arsenal, clearly a different hat a day for a year or two would still leave some optional equipment available!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I am enjoying taking a break and looking thru the posts. CHEERS!

A gray and rainy day in MN. By gosh it hit 50'F with rain - in December. :eusa_doh: We typically have a couple feet of snow with it coming each week. [huh] Ranting.....

Hats, oh yes. Yesterday I took inside time to clean some hats (felt and straw). A vtg Straw Stetson, a vtg. Stetson (charcoal) and a 50's Lee (green gray felt) got special attention with landing, brushing and steaming. The pic below shares the Ommegang Abbey Ale I treated myself to. http://www.ommegang.com/#!beer_abbey Today my new, to me, 50's Stetson Whippet (charcoal) was my hat of choice. The hat & box wait patiently at my desk for my departure after 9:30pm tonight. It will not see daylight today - perhaps later this week. I am optimistic.

i-Ng8xP5s-M.jpg

i-vjwjkrZ-S.jpg
i-BvTFH2t-S.jpg

Best, Eric -

On the bottle, are those people on the label doing a jitter bug? Nice Stetson also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats