Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Yeah, Lefty's selfie (maybe it's not a true selfie?) is class.

Tommy, nice to see some snow on an OR brim!!

TJ, was this the same hat that had the bow you asked about? Whether it was too big? In either case, this bow strikes me as perfect!!

RBH, great photos! I can't wait to see a noggin shot. And the movie!

Phil, what a cool silhouette!

Joao, I'm no expert, but I've found in my experience that black and silverbelly hats are both hard to photograph. White too, even when it has more texture like a Panama. It would be cool if we had a hat-photography clinic for selfie photography.

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
randooch, Joao, Greg, thanks guys. I appreciate the comments on my bow work.

Greg,...

TJ, was this the same hat that had the bow you asked about? Whether it was too big?

It's the brown Stagecoach that I have the concern with. The ribbon is wider and the bow, I think, is just too big, especially for a campaign style bow. I'm going to change out the bow on that one for something more simple. The ply ribbon in itself is enough, I think. In this case, simple is better.

for comparison....

Stagecoach_Indy_04.jpg

...and here's the wider ribbon and campaign style bow I had on the Silverbelly before I reblocked the hat and changed it out for the thin ribbon. For that style bow I think the thin ribbon works best...

Before:

R_Silverbelly_02.jpg

After:

Stagecoach_R_11.jpg

hatguy1, Your favorite hat and your favorite brew. Life can be good! Good times.

Joao, there's just no keeping up with you! You're definitely the royal majesty of Western hats!

Rogera, looks like a well worn "go to" hat. Has to be one of your favorites.

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
TJ, thanks for the pictures. I see now. Seeing both together, I agree about the thinner ribbon and the smaller bow!

Barrow, it's great to see a fedora against the backdrop of the Pacific Ocean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
TJones--I like the ribbon work, and the thinner ribbon is the ticket for that hat.

John--it looks a little bit less smoggy there than it did yesterday. Great shot, nice hat.

Back in chillier NorCal. Knox Twenty this morning.
IMG_4863_zps0d1d76cd.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, I'm no expert, but I've found in my experience that black and silverbelly hats are both hard to photograph. White too, even when it has more texture like a Panama. It would be cool if we had a hat-photography clinic for selfie photography.
In my experience it all depends on the light available.

Joao, there's just no keeping up with you! You're definitely the royal majesty of Western hats!
Thank you. Being almost the only one posting westerns it's easy ;)
I think both bows are valid. Then thin works best but the wider is not common and that is why I like it.

Looking good, Roger, Terry, And Joao!
From my part, Thank you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn