Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hückel "Durit" 1930s + new ribbon / bow by Optimo.

15990472638_41bf3c9f34_c.jpg

Is that a raw edge, Steve? Beautiful colors, and the bow est tres beau!

Another classic cap, Greg!

Alan good thing you were on the Red team. They appear to be winning!

g.durand

One Too Many
frussell--I've done that drive five or six times. We made the same trip from CA to TX and back last year and never saw a drop of rain or any other form of precipitation the entire time. We thought about trying to get a room in Ft. Stockton, but we were told several times by other drivers at rest areas that they had phoned ahead to hotels and everything was booked. I told my wife we might have to sleep in the car at some point if the roads got too icy, which she did not respond to, so I just kept driving.

TJones--the Camp Draft, from what I've learned here, is the offspring of the licensing agreement Akubra once had with Stetson to produce an Australian Open Road. It is more similar to most Open Roads than it is to most Stratoliners in that it has a 2 7/8 inch brim. But there were different issues of the Stratoliner with different brim widths over the years. You will probably like it if you buy it. They are well made, durable hats, although the felt finish is not of the highest quality. I wear mine when I don't want to worry about damaging a vintage hat.

MaddHatter--we were in Tempe last night and it was the coldest I've seen it in those parts.

Alan--thank you, we are nearing home. I got a chance to watch the Bucks pull off the upset, which made my day, being an old LSU fan. We're staying the night in the LA area and although the locals are complaining about how cold it is here, it's pretty nice in my book.

Quite the difference from what we saw in West Texas less than 48 hours ago:
IMG_4854_zps9d877ad5.jpg

IMG_4856_zps7e32d37b.jpg

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
So nice to see some old faces showing again!
HT-- super nice.
Perry- the VS is outstanding.
Alan-- nice cap, and the treats look amazing. yum.
Greg-- man, that cordova is excellent. one of my favorite caps I've seen around here.
Sam-- agree regarding your look in leather. I'm starting to open my eyes to that a bit more. The CRM is always a good choice.
Sorry not to cite all, but everyone is bringing in the new year strong!

Messing around with a Mallory 30s derby, though it seems like I keep changing hats every time I walk out the door.

12ee8a5b-2226-41d7-845c-f130061408a2_zps913877e5.jpg

561173c6-24a0-450e-8d34-499054b03f59_zps62d953aa.jpg

Great caps and hats today guys!
Alan- congrats on the Buckeyes rubbing a little of the shiny off of Saban. I sure did have to go to work with a bunch of sour moods today. Folks down here take that stuff too hard.
0c692c4ee2bfca2ab1947013582b0c52.jpg

Cold and raining called for a cap here too.

Last edited:
That would be hilarious .......if I lived somewhere else. Unfortunately down here in the land of tree killers it's just sad.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Quite the difference from what we saw in West Texas less than 48 hours ago:

You got to see the mess huh? Thank God we got some only semi-frozen rain this morning to melt some of the ice and make it more of a slush instead of one solid sheet of ice! The Campdraft got a good workout today!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Great toppers for the new year fellas, your always inspiring. Going out for Italian so a borsy seemed appropriate. BSHW Polar Bear refurb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner