Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
Great show today guys. I think the Strats are winning.

teach-- to answer your question, I prefer a diamond crease in my Strats, but I have to say tommyk's center dent looks great.

Here is a new arrival, an unworn Lee Trinity from before Lee started factory blocking the crowns in their hats. Amazing hat.

69c6a01958cf5ed32da9371520d8c5b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today I'm wearing my "Moose River" hat from L.L. Bean. I got the hat to wear when out hiking and having fun in the woods. Although as of late, I've started wearing it more often as just a daily hat (not for some "special" use like hiking or camping). I do believe the more I wear this hat, the better I like it.

Dang, Durand!! Downright delightful, dashing, delicious! Or better, actually! WoW-zA!! They don't come like that in your size.

BigMan the Moose River is just right. I can see why it's a daily. I grew up on the Moose River; Mother still owns the land!

Last edited:

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Nice Strats today, David, tommyk and SBG! Harv, I love the Flagship and especially the ribbon color! Really like the cap and bow tie, Greg. Michael, VERY nice Lee! I have a newfound appreciation for Lees. Big Man, that Moose River looks great! All other hats were great as well.

1950's Stetson Nutria Quality fresh out of the shipping box.

Michael, I love that Lee Trinity! I want one in the worst way.

Big Man, great LLB! I see the Plymouth is photo bombing. :p

Rick, that is a beauty! I am jealous as he11 of that nutria! Congrats!!

RBH

Bartender
Today I'm wearing my "Moose River" hat from L.L. Bean. I got the hat to wear when out hiking and having fun in the woods. Although as of late, I've started wearing it more often as just a daily hat (not for some "special" use like hiking or camping). I do believe the more I wear this hat, the better I like it.

The thin ribbon suits you well Big Man!
Well done!!

tommyK

One Too Many
Thanks for the kind comments on the Strat folks.

Since it sparked the eternal conversation about what creases look best on what hat or face shape, etc I thought I'd add my $.02.

I have no idea if any particular type of hat, size or shape looks better or worse on me. To some extent I favor bigger brims for the sun and rain protection. To me, the hat is the thing. A good looking hat looks good on anyone. When I buy an open crown hat or I reblock a vintage hat and I'm putting a new shape in them I start with a centerdent and a pinch. If I think it looks good, I stop. If not, I go to the diamond.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Ok, so I wanted to attempt a rebash on my strat, I like a deep pinch but I suck at getting the finger spots out of the bash, I guess its ok for that traditional look that many men had that bashed it themselves

GregNYC

One Too Many
Tommy, I like your approach, though I have a tiny fraction of your experience. My favorite fedora look is the Bogartian teardrop or diamond. A center-dent-and-pinch is a low-impact way to see if the hat would look good that way. I have a modern open-crown model silverbelly Strat from just a few months ago. I did exactly as you say (since I visualized a teardrop more than a cattleman with it). So when I was sure, I had J.J.'s steam and pinch it like I'd never want to do anything else with it!

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Love the Strat fest we're having. And +1 on the Lee Trinity. Gave mine up a few months ago, but had it a good long time. Loved it. Fit well. Running around per the usual. Wearing my funky Whippet with the name on the sweat and the homburg binding.

View attachment 23714

g.durand

One Too Many
Historyteach--I think it looks fine. I like seeing the finger dents. They show that you did it by hand as opposed to the crease having been done in the factory like most modern hats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou