Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I am absent for various problems, especially the wind and the cold which swept over Italy.
I can tell you that is a sumptuous February for hats you wear every day
My great appreciation to everyone.:eusa_clap

Wonderful whisky, Charlie.

Kevin McAndrew

ae3f6a11f26ade32430e7a60a0c82ef3.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I was curious about a couple of fedoras that I have been fortunate to have at my house. This morning I opened hat boxes to compare vtg. Stetson green fedoras. Serrendipity finds me with 3 green shaded vtg. Stetson fedoras of similar ilk. The 3 are the Mode edge Sovereign, The Vogue with unique binding and the Avenue with felt folded and neatly stitched. The greens definitely have similar characteristics. IMO, it is an awesome color that contains enough other shades to coordinate well different attire. The felt of the Sovereign and Avenue are very alike - heavier with soft drape. The felt of the Vogue is thiner, finer and infinitely malleable.

I thought fedora fans on the forum might appreciate some morning shots. The mid morning winter sunlight is not the best. Perhaps I will take a family shot of vtg. Stetson greens with other vtg green hats in the spring. I better get the hats in boxes, before I have to answer the inevitable question of how come I have 3 of the "same" fedoras that I have recently gotten from my wife. (No protest - just confusion.)

i-PcJj8PP-M.jpg

(bottom to top - Vogue, Avenue, Sovereign)

i-ZzkRzdF-M.jpg

(bottom to top - Sovereign, avenue, Vogue)

i-t8WB26r-M.jpg

(clockwise from top - Sovereign, Avenue, Vogue)

For my morning jaunt I was wearing my vtg. Stetson Sovereign 290 w/Mode edge. I wear my hats.

i-2Kh4qw8-S.jpg

Best, Eric -

tommyK

One Too Many
Eric, that green hat comparison could have it's own thread. I wouldn't mind an even more in depth comparison.

A new one today I got from Buler

2015-02-06135636-1_zps96eaf821.jpg
2015-02-06135639_zps78c407ed.jpg
2015-02-06135606_zps62371ee4.jpg
Stetson Turf Club

I admired this when Buler posted it in the Turf Club thread a few months ago and was happy to see it come up for sale

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Tommy. The Turf Club is a HAT! Excellent.

Steve; I just have to comment that your hat rack must have almost all of the pantone colors.

i-4mXLXqT-S.jpg

The colored felts from your most recent posts are just a testament to the treatment of color shades across different cultures. Love the secondary and tertiary colors used by the european hat markers.

Best, Eric -

Eric, what a beautiful description and comparison of the 3 green hats. Thank you for that! Lovely set.

Tommy, congrats on that Turf Club. It looks swell on you. I knew you couldn't resist that one. :p

Steve, the EK is a beauty. I like that shade of brown!

ingineer

One Too Many
Hatguy1
In response to the Sratton , hat is issue to State Police Carolina, cheap hat cotton sweat, double thick brim, no linining, hard and stiff felt, but perfect protection from icicles and comfy.
Acorns are from What price glory, the others, gold or silver, are rarely used\, too gaudy.

Today: Irish tweed flat cap , un-snaped with vintage Fulviews and Blackthorn cane.

hatguy1

One Too Many
Hatguy1
In response to the Sratton , hat is issue to State Police Carolina

Today: Irish tweed flat cap , un-snaped with vintage Fulviews and Blackthorn cane.

Of course. That makes perfect sense it was a police uniform use. Thanks for that, Ingneer.

Your outfit looks quite snappy and Irish. Bet that blackthorn walkin' stick just sets it off perfectly.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Eric, I completely agree with you about the versatility of the green hat. It's taken me a while to acquire a few shades myself but glad I did. Yours is a worthy trio of Stetsons.

Everybody else isn't looking too shabby either today but I expect nothing less from you guys now.

The color of the Koln is seriously off the hook, Steve! Looking very regal today.

Super cap, Richard!

Good to see you, Mike!

Tommyk the Turf Club just ROCKS... WHAT a beauty!!

Eric your conga line o' lids was lovely, lad! There are actually more greens to be had, too, but no mention to Mrs. SBG...! Nor Mrs. HRM.

Harv you have mastered the TAR look, my friend. Perfect lid!!

Sam there's no more perfect hat for you, sir! That must be the SamVan you're standing next to?

Thank you for the kind words, Rick!

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Charlie, yup that's my people hauler. I'm looking to replace it though as we no longer fit. I'm looking for a 12 or 15 passenger van now. Nice VS whiskey.

Eric: I love the edges on the cavanagh edge styled hats you posted.

Nice cap ingineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo