Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Looking sharp gentlemen!

This afternoon I headed out to watch the Big 10 Gymnastics Championships, hosted here in Minnesota, in my VS Wanderer (silver belly). I cheered for our former club gymnasts who are now competing in College.

i-h3PZkPc-M.jpg

Best this evening from a proud old coach, Eric -

AndyR

One of the Regulars
Been enjoying all the different looks. I figured I'd put a face to the name (scary, I know. LOL). Went out to the woods for a stroll and some photography today. I didn't come away with any shots, but my wife took this one. I wore my grandfather's Morrison Hats Fedora that I posted about in another thread.

Andy

ssIMG_0767.jpg

Joao, perhaps a "Black Hat Wave" 2015? :D

Eric, I really like that VS. Color and style are dead on!

Chamuco, one of these days I'm going to get myself a Slouch hat. Really cool.

Andy, that Morrison is awesome! Especially since it was your grandfathers. I have a Stetson Flagship with the same color scheme.

Enzo, great 3X. When I go to Japan, I will not be the only one sporting a vintage fedora. :p

S4C, nice one. I love the bow tie, too!

Miamibruno

One Too Many
AndyR - Awesome hat. Looks like a beauty.

Strapped - Great hat. Great tie. Looking sharp this Monday morning.

Chamuco - Looking slouch, compadre.

Enzo - Not only a great hat, but a great background to wear it in. Any input on my comment to 1mach1?

1mach1 - By the way, I would say a good 15 to 20% of the hats I sell end up going to Japan. They must love their fedoras there too. What say you Enzo?

No pics this morning, but I'm in my Stratoliner again this morning.

Miamibruno

One Too Many
hatsRme - Nice bash on that granite Black Sheep. Looking sharp!! My windshield had a nice coating of frozen snow on it this morning. Ugh. What month is this???

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
Enzo - Not only a great hat, but a great background to wear it in. Any input on my comment to 1mach1?

1mach1 - By the way, I would say a good 15 to 20% of the hats I sell end up going to Japan. They must love their fedoras there too. What say you Enzo?

Bruno, love that Strat. It's certainly been my perception that Japanese men are more daring generally than American men - that means they're more open to wearing what we would consider unusual color combinations and such, and also that there's less self-consciousness about wearing hats. There are certainly a lot of young hipsters in bad-looking mass-produced trilbies, but you do get a fair number of vintage hats out there - and there are a good many hatters in both Kyoto and Tokyo.

I like that 3X a lot - if I could get a good Jimmy Crease on it, I think it could pass for a Whippet.

AndyR

One of the Regulars
Harv planted a thought in my head a while back about a thin ribbon for this hat. I decided to go for it and I'm super pleased.

Dave, this is the Bailey I saw in an early picture with the wide, blue ribbon, correct? If so, great choice to switch to a thin ribbon. It looks great. How high is the crown? I assume it might just look taller than some, due to the thin ribbon, but it really works.

Andy

AndyR

One of the Regulars
HA! Harv, I was just about to ask if there was a shot of your Flagship. You're right, it is the identical color scheme as mine. Love that ribbon color. Thanks regarding my grandfather's hat.

Andy

AndyR

One of the Regulars
g.durand, Bruno, Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the image. It's one of the few shots of me where I don't have a camera up to my face. When we are out, my wife is usually shooting pictures of me shooting pictures. :)

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn