Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javadave61

Practically Family
Harv planted a thought in my head a while back about a thin ribbon for this hat. I decided to go for it and I'm super pleased.

Dave, this is the Bailey I saw in an early picture with the wide, blue ribbon, correct? If so, great choice to switch to a thin ribbon. It looks great. How high is the crown? I assume it might just look taller than some, due to the thin ribbon, but it really works.

Andy

The thin ribbon really does change the perception of the crown. Here's the before and after. The ribbon was black, but the color rendition in the photo made it look blue, so I found this one. I'm not sure how tall the crown, but I shaped it to give it as much height as I could.

2015-03-13 23.08.40.jpg 2015-03-14 22.53.35-1.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good day hatter/capped folks.

Today has me hatted wearing a vtg. Stetson Stratoliner (pine green) in the AM. This green Stratoliner has a 2.5" brim. I have relatives, vtg. Stetson Strat's, also in pine green, with a larger brim and a smaller brim. The 2.5" brim, to my eye, has great proportions. The hat has found its daytime resting spot on the backseat of my auto. It joined my VS Wanderer.

i-HXh66cS-M.jpg

This afternoon has me wearing my vtg. Stetson Avenue (soft green felt) with a very unique edge treatment.

i-B2kR8m5-S.jpg
i-p9h8Jsc-S.jpg

(BTW: Vintage Pendleton 49'ers jacket (green shade) for the folks who inquired.)

Best, Eric -

Last edited:
You're getting pretty good at this, Eric... ;) Just incredible assemblage of colors today!

Really regal ribbon re-do, JavaD. Great work, excellent result!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Charlie. "Pretty good" is truly a useful Minnesota axiom. A synonym that could mean adequate, but here in Minnesota it is phrase that never allows us to overestimate one's capabilities. Sumus Quod Sumus = We Are What We Are. (The quote is stolen shamelessly from the Lake Wobegone (Garrison Kellor's created town) town seal.)

Being what I am, Eric - :D:eusa_doh:

tommyK

One Too Many
The hits just keep coming!
Charlie-that Lee is a lot of hat for $20. Outstanding!
Eric-loving the green hats especially! The Avenue is a great compliment to the Pendleton jacket. Please give us a closeup of the "unique edge treatment" if it's not too much trouble
Java-well done on the ribbon change

THAT's a shot worth waiting for, MiamiB! That Strat's the hat, but you're groovin' with the great grin. :D

TommyK thank you, sir! I'm only trying to keep up...

Last edited:

tommyK

One Too Many
Eric, thank you. A very unique liner as well. What a stunning hat in every way! I used to think your Vogue was my favorite but this is another great example of a rarely seen model.

Charlie, "keep up"? You're leading the way!

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
AndyR - Awesome hat. Looks like a beauty.

Strapped - Great hat. Great tie. Looking sharp this Monday morning.

Chamuco - Looking slouch, compadre.

Enzo - Not only a great hat, but a great background to wear it in. Any input on my comment to 1mach1?

1mach1 - By the way, I would say a good 15 to 20% of the hats I sell end up going to Japan. They must love their fedoras there too. What say you Enzo?

No pics this morning, but I'm in my Stratoliner again this morning.
That's the idea Bruno !!! And we its rainy and in the 40's (10s in Celsius) this is the hat !!

javadave61

Practically Family
Wearing my Stetson Chatham on this beautiful 70 degree day!

Inspired by Bushman's Stetson Chatham, I broke out my "made for Bailey by Borsalino" super soft fedora for my evening on the porch. Can I just call this thing a Borsalino? That sounds so much better. With the research I've done, it sounds like these modern fedoras might be made by one company to be branded for several others. At least that's what my outlet hat supplier tells me to get me to buy!

My Borsa-Bailey

2015-03-16 18.54.18-1.jpg 2015-03-16 18.51.56-1.jpg

AndyR

One of the Regulars
Way to hit the scene, AndyR!! Spectacular!

Thank you very much!

Now that I see your Lee from the side, I see one reason why mine looks a bit taller to me. When I did the teardrop, I didn't lower the back at all. I didn't slope it in the traditional manner. I might try that a little one day, just to see if I like it.

Andy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace