Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4945aJLm.jpg

Going to be in the mid to high 80s for the rest of the week, so the Stetson Andover is going to work with me for the first time.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks everyone for the comments on my Stetson 25 from yesterday. This is an older S25, probably late 40's and really nice lightweight felt. Like a lot of my vintage hats, this was previously owned by another Lounger - Rabbit in this case.

David--always a pleasure to see the 25. By the way, I just read in Texas Monthly that downtown Ft. Worth is considered one of the best downtowns of large cities in Texas (as opposed to Houston, where I come from). Here is what was written:

"Fort Worth has its partisans, even being named America’s best last year by Livability.com, who praised its 'cohesion between cowboy culture and urban sophistication.' "

Thanks gd. Infeed, Fort Worth has a really nice downtown area - it is been updated since I used to visit here back in the 90's. We are living about a 15 minute walk from Sundance Square Plaza and we stroll over there at least a day, often in the evening after dinner, or to go out to eat. There are always a lot of people around and a lot going on - we really enjoy it.

I'm not familiar with Dalworth hats, but yours looks to be a very nice thin ribbon model.

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Great hats the last few days. Can't miss a day around here.

Strapped – Great hat. As usual, with a perfectly selected tie.

Fruno – Love the pug on that one.

NYC – Now THAT'S coordination.

hato - Wow. That must be an earlier Playboy because the crown looks so tall. Great hat.

My funky still don't know what kind of Whippet, Whippet yesterday and my 40's Marathon today.

Photo on 5-5-15 at 2.46 PM.jpg

Photo on 5-5-15 at 2.48 PM #2.jpg

Photo on 5-6-15 at 8.51 AM.jpg

Photo on 5-6-15 at 8.51 AM #2.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
S4C - lol, if I see those folks, I'll just zip up the jacket! BTW, great color combo, hat and tie!

Perry, that is a sublime brim curl. That hat oughtta be in the pictures!

Miami, nice ensemble.! I'd like to get a closer look at that necktie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael, the Dalworth looks great.
The Caxton suits you well, Strapped, thin ribbons are the bomb!
Greg, the stripes and colors with the plaid on your jacket are smashing!
Fruno, looks like your straws are out.
Nice pair of hats and ties Bruno.
Love the brim tilt on your Squatter Sam.

Earlier today, ahead of the potential of rain with wide ribbon Wednesday,, my Vintage Silhouettes Milan.
I've added the ribbon, which was taken from a vintage Panama. Stripes make the man, men!
IMG_6547.jpg IMG_6548.jpg IMG_6549.jpg IMG_6561.jpg

Thanks, Miami! You look pretty snazzy yourself... as always, such a sweet lid, but today with a bow under?! Spectacular look! What did the students have to say?
And the look of excitement on your face in the 2nd pict is priceless.

Miamibruno

One Too Many
hatsRme - Kids, I've found, don't like change. More than one kid said they saw me as a neck tie kind of guy, rather than a bow tie kind of guy. I say, why not both?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind words of yesterday.
Today seeing what is coming from the other side of the Atlantic I have to say: COMPLIMENTS!

After days of stingy today is time for homburg
2060j1c.jpg

Ecuyer&Thomas (Chazelles sur Lyon) ancient French maker operating before the IIWW
1412xk1.jpg

Very thin fur felt, lightweight and pliable as you want, unlined. Perfect for a day like this
ir70pw.jpg

Even if it is difficult to find felt hats to fight against wet hot day. I resist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred