Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see your happy face, Chamuco! Sweet lid, too, of course!

Little Rhodey is well represented here today... Welcome aboard Jacora! Akubras ROCK! Good choice, Rogerstg! Keep an eye out for Fashion Frank, fellas...

Lots of top shelf lids here today. Greg has even busted out the MILAN!

Always love the DOVE, Dave!

Perfect presentation of the P.B., Perry my Pal!

Jeff your Hommies are honeys, and that bong looks like you'll never parch your mellow... nice!

FrunoB I really like that lid, sir (the Andover)... no problem in the rain?

MARK, as always, is ready for action under the Caxton. Super hat!

And I missed messing or mentioning Miami, who had another spectacular classic Stetson yesterday. You're amazing! And I think you would look terrific in that Cuban Paja. You do need more straws!

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
happy friday everyone

cannot say enough about the selections over this past week .... and every one of you is truly an inspiration to me ... and I mean that

I'm not ashamed to say ...(well maybe a little).... how often I think of this forum an particularly this thread when away from it

it is really nice to have found a congregation of people who share the same passion that I have had for so many years

anyway ... down to business... it is a beautiful spring day here in NJ and this '50s Open Road was just begging to be worn today

IMG_2156.jpg

ingineer

One Too Many
Joao; You did a nice job on the new hat brim.
Moon Good to see another Jersey guy, good taste. What Exit?
Another cheap used Shantung today

tommyK

One Too Many
it is a beautiful spring day here in NJ and this '50s Open Road was just begging to be worn today

IMG_2156.jpg

Moon, I'm digging you in the cattleman crease. Looks great. I think you said you were iffy on it. I think the older ones look better with the cattleman than the new ones. The new ones are too low crowned. I've done all mine in a more fedora C crown or teardrop but, if you're like me you'll end up with more than one so you can do different styles with them.

p.s. I think the Open Road is the best summer felt. Light weight, light color, tall crown and decent enough brim.

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon, I'm digging you in the cattleman crease. Looks great. I think you said you were iffy on it. I think the older ones look better with the cattleman than the new ones. The new ones are too low crowned. I've done all mine in a more fedora C crown or teardrop but, if you're like me you'll end up with more than one so you can do different styles with them.

p.s. I think the Open Road is the best summer felt. Light weight, light color, tall crown and decent enough brim.

thank you my man ... I'm loving this one today

and the sun really washed out the beauty of the crease in the pic ... it really is pretty special

I'm feeling better about it after wearing it a while ...

... and yeah it's quite warm today and this hat seems very cool on my head

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Too narrow for a fedora. On a fedora I don't like a brim width of any less than 2 5/8, and no wider than 2 7/8. I like wider brims on Westerns, unless I decide to cut them down and make fedoras out of them :)

So it's a fez? with such small range (only 1/4") it's hard to make you happy. Better to not trim anymore hats, you might get disappointed (and disappoint me too).

javadave61

Practically Family
Started the day with my Milan Strat.

2b03dff57e2b5b9003b6f104bdcc4c0b.jpg

Then after conducting 8 hours of training (Can you imagine those poor people who had to sit and listen?), it was my 80's 4x OR for my son's baseball game and some porch time.

b6ab5fcdb186defd57f526bb8363ff2f.jpg

Then I stepped inside to find my daughter playing detective (investigating her brothers, no doubt) in her Deauville fedora (A $7 antique store find). I haven't had the heart to tell her what it's made of.

a532500063db2b3c5c01d7129776edf1.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great hats all day, guys.

Your new office location looks nice, David - love the photo of your little daughter.

Here in Ft. Worth it's the first evening in living memory with no rain. Litte Pearl and I had a nice walk downtown. Black Sheep milan for me, doggie fur for her.

smugshot_8718029-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL