Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Nice to be back gentleman!
One of my go to summer hats, 2 inch brim, teardrop panama.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
So it's a fez? with such small range (only 1/4") it's hard to make you happy. Better to not trim anymore hats, you might get disappointed (and disappoint me too).

Well, actually, I like 2 5/8 and 2 3/4 better for a brim width on a fedora. I'm willing to go as wide as 2 7/8 for the brim, but it wouldn't be my first choice. I definitely don't like a fedora brim of less than 2 5/8. I don't like black hats and I'm burnt out on Silverbelly. Other than that, I'm pretty easy to please. :D I have a size 7 1/4 Stetson 100 in a Western with a 4' brim that I'm getting ready to cut down and convert to an Indy Fedora. Oh, 7 1/4 is just your size, isn't it? ;)

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Well, actually, I like 2 5/8 and 2 3/4 better for a brim width on a fedora. I'm willing to go as wide as 2 7/8 for the brim, but it wouldn't be my first choice. I definitely don't like a fedora brim of less than 2 5/8. I don't like black hats and I'm burnt out on Silverbelly. Other than that, I'm pretty easy to please. :D I have a size 7 1/4 Stetson 100 in a Western with a 4' brim that I'm getting ready to cut down and convert to an Indy Fedora. Oh, 7 1/4 is just your size, isn't it? ;)

If you convert a Stetson 100 Western 4" brim into a fedora, it's just another few steps away from a dream hat and another break in my heart.
I cannot stop you from doing it as I'm not going to fly to USA and break into your house just to save it.
But Anyway if you are so burned with silverbelly why a Stetson 100?
You can always send me all black and silverbelly hats. I'll take care of them for you until you change your mind. I'm sure they will be secure with a big pond for you (or me) to cross ;)

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Strapped - Look at the bright side, in NH you could probably still wear your fur felt hats.

hatsRme - Thanks for the compliments and comedy (and the cacophony of alliterative comments).

Great hats gents!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I see with pleasure that the season has changed on both sides of the Atlantic.
The straw hats are in the majority and this is a sign that summer is approaching.
All those shown yesterday and today are very beautiful therefore congratulate all and the felted heads too!:eusa_clap
23uwsv6.jpg

Today, in the shadow of the wisteria in its second small flowering, I wear a SunBody that Mike the NW hats shaped.
rwqxhf.jpg

It is a good hat for this season.
4rqnp3.jpg

Next week is announced hot above the thirty degrees Celsius, and then we will see what to do.......

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I see with pleasure that the season has changed on both sides of the Atlantic.
The straw hats are in the majority and this is a sign that summer is approaching.
All those shown yesterday and today are very beautiful therefore congratulate all and the felted heads too!:eusa_clap
23uwsv6.jpg

Today, in the shadow of the wisteria in its second small flowering, I wear a SunBody that Mike the NW hats shaped.
rwqxhf.jpg

It is a good hat for this season.
4rqnp3.jpg

Next week is announced hot above the thirty degrees Celsius, and then we will see what to do.......

That is a very nice hat and I really like Mikes creases and blocking. Today is my first for "straw" (shantung)... Im not giving up my fur felts! I will wear them in the evenings and on cooler and overcast days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL