Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
Everyone has got it going today!

Here is one I haven't worn much. It was an eBay find several months ago. It's a Shudde Brothers house brand hat that turned out to be fairly stiff like most modern westerns. I'm guessing it dates to the mid-'60s or later. One day I'll take it down to Texas, go see Neal Shudde and ask him about it.

IMG_6316_zpspki5ekhc.jpg

IMG_6320_zpsjv56ftvo.jpg

IMG_6321_zps9worbkhj.jpg

javadave61

Practically Family
Joao, I've meant to say how great the beard looks. My mother especially approves. You know how moms are about neat and trim and all. [emoji6]

Since today was an air travel day, it was the Premiere Stratoliner, of course.

Tonight, it's rest and recovery on the front porch with the Stetson Panama Open Road.

19fb46f9791d73ddcbc08c0538632cda.jpg

a500ff25a88bd8409093280ec911ea99.jpg

Nice Stetson, Joao. The summer trim looks good, too. Gotta make Mama happy!
S4C - that is a nice color. Some of those earthy tones go with a lot of things. Easy to match. BTW, don't know if you're interested, but I noticed a Caxton hat box on eBay the other day. I know you like your Caxton, but don't know if you like to get matching boxes, as well.

Happy Tuesday, everybody!

Image.jpg

D'Aquino Mk II

Truly a Royal Deluxe, there, Dave! Your straw version (yesterday PM) also sa-WEET!

Frunob your D'aquino is just ducky, dude. A Great lid!!

Joao your lid looks even better now that you listened to your Mom! ;)

S4C you are spot on about that color pairing with lots of others.

Greg, I'll meet your BBB with a PHD, PDQ!

IMG_7359.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Dont kno if you'd like that hat. Not a particularly high crown. Really deep flange. Smallish brim. Cuz of the deep flange, I have to wear the brim snapped up cuz it just doesn't seem to look right down. If your thinkin abt straw, I posted a reply to one of your previous comments and mentioned an "Indy" straw by (I believe) Peter Bros that looks like a Fed. At the moment I'm intrigued by that hat... but like you, I prefer fur felts.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis