Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of the hats you will see herein are vintage, RobertM. With a little time and observation, you will quickly be able to tell new from vintage to some degree. Moreover, if you like the vintage styles, you're in the right place to find an appropriate hatter (although some types of hat features simply aren't available, even from today's hatters).

Welcome, and enjoy the ride!!

Today is a nice sunny day, perfect for another magnificent Milan masterpiece...
IMG_7326.jpg IMG_7328.jpg

javadave61

Practically Family
Nice straws, caps, and felts everyone.

Premiere Stratoliner today. Trying out a modified cattleman's crease. This hat takes new creases well. I'm really enjoying it.

2015-06-24 06.50.01.jpg 2015-06-24 06.43.20.jpg

Another super stellar lid, Daniele!

Dave I expect to see that beauty for the next few days, each with a different bash, and ALL AMAZING!!

RobertM you've got it going, there, sir! Great hat, well worn, spectacular look!! That lid might also sport a Hollywood brim quite nicely...

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Today is a nice sunny day, perfect for another magnificent Milan masterpiece...

absolutely beautiful
I can see the comfort

Nice straws, caps, and felts everyone.

Premiere Stratoliner today. Trying out a modified cattleman's crease. This hat takes new creases well. I'm really enjoying it.

looks really great David
I'm taking a ride in to see Colin at JJ on Fri. morning to have a couple repairs done on a vintage hat and I'm going to pick up a Premier Strat as well .... pretty excited about it

Taken about a year ago, just relaxin' and enjoying the sun. Yep, upturned brim and smilin' all the way.

lookin' good my man
nice to see some more fellow Jersians around

Daniele that slice looks light as a feather .... gorgeous ... you wear it extremely well

RobertM

Familiar Face
Another super stellar lid, Daniele!

Dave I expect to see that beauty for the next few days, each with a different bash, and ALL AMAZING!!

RobertM you've got it going, there, sir! Great hat, well worn, spectacular look!! That lid might also sport a Hollywood brim quite nicely...

Thanks for the kind words,what is a Hollywood brim; the standard, downturned Fedora brim? If so, yes, that works too - giving it a more formal, traditional look.

R

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind words,what is a Hollywood brim; the standard, downturned Fedora brim? If so, yes, that works too - giving it a more formal, traditional look.

R

I know the Hollywood brim as sort of one side swooping up and maybe one half of the opposite side front coming down maybe from eyeball to temple ... thats what it is to me anyway

sort of like what Colin is wearing hear though his is more subtle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9nFEdw27js&app=desktop

and what you will see member casechopper often wearing here in the lounge
case.jpg

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alan,

Incredibly beautiful hat, but I am searching Brooks Brothers for this very hat and can't seem to find it. Is this an older hat, no longer available?

Robert

I did the same. What little they now have is way overpriced, as is most of their stuff. I always wonder why it is that hats as nice as Alan's are no longer available from any of the bigger makers. A straw like Alanfgag is wearing just puts to shame most of the straws you see today.

Good to see everyone well hatted and enjoying beautiful weather above.

Bob Roberts, how can we get to see your '47 Stetson??

I picked out a newer vintage boater, late 1930s-1940.

062415_1.jpg

062415_2.jpg

fashion frank

One Too Many
Good to see everyone well hatted and enjoying beautiful weather above.

Bob Roberts, how can we get to see your '47 Stetson??

I picked out a newer vintage boater, late 1930s-1940.

062415_1.jpg

Alan I don't know how you do it ,your hats are for the most part pristine ,looking good my man !

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

P.S. Nice to see fellow lounger sporting a boater

GregNYC

One Too Many
Moon, if I didn't have to work on Friiday, I'd say let's get together. JJ's is pretty convenient for me - except when I'm working. Colin had been super-helpful in the past!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Frank. I've tried to limit my purchases to hats in good condition. If I didn't, I would have a lot more hats but would be without a home in which to keep them. If you know what I mean... ;)

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon, if I didn't have to work on Friiday, I'd say let's get together. JJ's is pretty convenient for me - except when I'm working. Colin had been super-helpful in the past!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damn that would have been great

I'll be heading in Fri morning if anything changes ... let me know

rogerstg

A-List Customer
Nicely styled hat Daniele. Light and casual
I like the pug/band on that Dobbs straw Fruno.... It works well with the dark straw.
Strapped 4 and I are thinking along the same lines today with generic panamas - nice choice
GregNYC, that asymmetric design has a lot of eye appeal. very interesting.
Nice choice for today's heat hatsRme.Looking cool and well styled.
Dave, that new crease looks good on you.
RobertM, I'll bring the beer and turn up my brim if that's what it takes to hang out on your deck.
Alan, you hit it out of the park once again with that boater.

Hope I didn't miss anything except for Bob Roberts' panama. ;)

For me, this bright warm day seemed to call for this panama.

20150624_111426.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes