Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
It's a D'Aquino, they're made by elves in a hollow tree. No, wait. That's cookies, sorry. They come from Portugal and can be custom ordered on Etsy. Here is a link to the Etsy shop.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DaquinoHats?ref=pr_faveshops

First, however, I'd suggest you read through this thread, "Anyone know anything about this hatmaker Daquino?"

I refer to it as the Mk II because it's the second hat I've worked with Ms. Luisa to have made. You'll see throughout the thread that I'm pretty enthusiastic about her work and the hats I've gotten.

Michael, that OR looks great. A nice, subtle color.

Today, I'm putting the second Dalton I refurbed over the weekend to work. It's a really neat color. The last two photos look brown; however, the first photos of me wearing it are more accurate on the color palette. It's an unusual shade of grey-green. the ribbon is stained a bit, but I'm taking the advice of one of the FL members (sorry, I forget who) and leaving it for "character enhancement."

View attachment 33994 View attachment 33995
View attachment 33996 View attachment 33997

And of course, nice brims, Joao - I've commented on that Stagecoach before. I like the brim treatment on that.
Killer Strat, S4C!

you're becoming a bash master

Renault

One Too Many
I'd probably give yer a wide berth meself but I'd be lookin' atcha, hidin' behind those tins a beans admiring that lid o'yourn...:cool:

Ok,,, there was this one day. A rare occasion when Wifey was with me. It was before her strokes. Well this old gal ( heck she was prolly my age) , waltzes up to me and says; " Oh sir I love your costume!!!" Costume?!?! My response was "Lady! These are clothes!!!" She was not a local. Wifey would not stop Laffin, I mean guffaws!

Ok. Hats! Wow!! Nice ones this morning. Suppose I'm gonna havta keep my eyes peeled for an OR. I think one might help my PR. (Not like I'm running for office or anything). And they seem to turn up pretty regular around here. I'm liking how they look on you fellas! They are pretty sharp!

Keep it up!

e55b59a957c190748d57bfd1463145d9.jpg

OR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great lids today, Boys! Of course I'll return to edit, should Esther post today...

Harv the wide ribbon is just so great, man! What a job, Bob (Jessee)!!

Yikes, STRIPES!! The OR is solid with that summery shirt, Perry!

Fruno a great lid, as always, judiciously accented by the styling shades. Really classic work there, sir!

Mark the whiskers are filling in nicely. You're about ready!

TDP166 Moonstone is a delicious color.... WHAT a lid!

JavaD that lid looks perfect. Just PERFECT!

Good to see your smiling face, GDurand; Super HAT, too!

Joao I think your brims may actually be expanding, or maybe it's just my screen?!

Last edited:
Ok,,, there was this one day. A rare occasion when Wifey was with me. It was before her strokes. Well this old gal ( heck she was prolly my age) , waltzes up to me and says; " Oh sir I love your costume!!!" Costume?!?! My response was "Lady! These are clothes!!!" She was not a local. Wifey would not stop Laffin, I mean guffaws!

Glad wifey could have a laugh, Renault. Yours was a great response to that visitor, although I might have told her you were wearing a uniform... Great story!

EstherWeis

Vendor
It's pretty hot here in antwerp today ( 87 f) so i went with this superlight parasisal with a wide turquoise ribbon.

I also never took a selfie in the grocery store, but any excuse to stay in the AC ;)

a175597a730425eda3435fa164c2cedc.jpg

107e2ba68bb0f7698f8408f889655d54.jpg

Can you tell I like making bows? ;)

Looking great today gentlemen!
I'm still liking the thin ribbons, gonna try some out tomorrow.
In curious to see what it looks like on a woman.

Have a good day gents!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

tommyK

One Too Many
Everyone is looking great today! Esther fantastic bow work!
9e268bf7-cf68-475b-a66c-0f68c0cc2f2c_zps5bp2suzo.jpg d23bc514-0f43-4946-8edd-d811c29550d6_zpscwn2ley3.jpg
I missed Whippet Wednesday (is that a thing?) so I'm wearing it today

tommyK

One Too Many
53540b9b-3427-49ff-9f4c-6035f90b4a6b_zpse8uzrzwx.jpg
Leaf logos but older size tags so I'm guessing early to mid fifty's on this one. Not as fancy as that embroidered logo on your vita-felt!

I favor the long ovals when I can get them but many have lost their "long". This one has kept it's long oval-ness.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Alan you deserves it an astounding "paglietta".
It will be happy!
Esther your panama with bicolor ribbon is one of the few straw hats I really like during this too hot summer!

Last edited:

EstherWeis

Vendor
Thank you Daniele!

Alan, amazing!
I like your outfit, they go well together
I've been wanting one of those for myself for a while now.
I'm just looking for the right straw ribbon.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley