Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstherWeis

Vendor
I tried to get a normal picture, but it's us and there was too much champagne at brunch. :)

887e0fb57c399428df903f7609d6cb2d.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Hi everyone,
You all are looking great, and sporting such inspiring headgear as usual.

David, I don't remember that black sheep milan, but it is really superb.

Cool shot, ingineer!

Moontheloon, man the new Penman rocks. Surely you'll shift the icon from comic adventureman to bearded drummer!

I haven't worn my hats much lately, but yesterday was a good day for my falcon park virtuoso.

f45c7510051674af643db5b85848ba00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Esther - that's a great fun photo of you guys.

Jeff - I've always liked the style and colours of your FP. Does Parker still make hats? Not seen any new hats from him in a long time.

Bob - that Stetson milan is a good hat for a warm day. Is that a modern hat?

I'm really looking forward to it being cool enough for felt hats and could resist wearing my Adventurebilt for a short time this morning.

smugshot_7702702-L.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Moon, jdave, David, Esther, Richard, B-Man, Bob, very impressive display of lids, everyone.

Here's an unknown Western that I reworked some time ago. I was able to reblock the original tapered crown and straighten up the sides a bit. Afterward I creased it with a Center Dent. I also took a 1/2 inch off the brim and reshaped it to give it something of a western / fedora look. It's finished off with a 3 ply ribbon that DOGMAN sent me. (I'm tired of Silverbelly, though. No more Black hats and no more Silverbelly for me).

A_Big_Texas_2.jpg

Texas_Fedora_04.jpg

Texas_Fedora_03.jpg

Texas_Fedora_02.jpg

Last edited:

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
Esther lovely couple and hats !
Jeff,Bob and David great display of beautiful Hats...
Me Vintage Royal Stetson gray (very light felt) for this rainy Sunday.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Esther - that's a great fun photo of you guys.

Jeff - I've always liked the style and colours of your FP. Does Parker still make hats? Not seen any new hats from him in a long time.

Bob - that Stetson milan is a good hat for a warm day. Is that a modern hat?

I'm really looking forward to it being cool enough for felt hats and could resist wearing my Adventurebilt for a short time this morning.

smugshot_7702702-L.jpg

Thank you DJH. It is good on a warmer day. Yes it's current prod Shantung.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Trevi, RJR, Bob, thanks guys. I appreciate the comments. Trevi, love the RS. Reminds me of the Stetson Wanderer with its thin bound brim and mid ribbon.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!
Happy Sunday to all.
Bob, love the milan.
Bowlerman, that virtuoso looks awesone
Trevi, the RS looks lie it was made for you.
T Jones, great hat and photo.

Even though it was warm and muggy and a great day for straw, I wore my Original No. 6 with new and improved ribbon. This was more the color I wanted all along, got it by mixing the brilliant and navy blue dyes. Gives a bit of contrast without the eye-burning brightness. Thanks again to Esther for the brim binding tips. While this one is far from perfect, it came out much better than previous attempts, and it looks nice enough for me to enjoy.

62a20ba453e088c9c6a6349656c99e1d.jpg
165af8252b636bda6957b8366dcb4518.jpg

As much of a pain as this 9/16" ribbon is to bind with, couldn't imagine doing it with 3/8". At least not without LOTS of practice.

Have a great evening!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic