Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks TJ! Yes this hat has no model name just Royal Stetson.

Stetson seems to have done that a lot at one time, as if they were cloning some of their own model lines. I have an early '60s RS that's of obvious Open Road styling but it's not stamped anywhere on the sweat. To me, as far as I'm concerned, it's still an Open Road.

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
Moe that hat keep looking better and better every day!! I may have to send a few your way for you to play with them...:D
TJ I'm just like you, as long as I like them I don't care for model names...:cool:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Back to the VS Semi Calado Panama on a warm afternoon.

smugshot_7259171-L.jpg

I love that hat

beautiful crown work on that ... and that height is fantastic

perfect hat right there

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I love that hat

beautiful crown work on that ... and that height is fantastic

perfect hat right there

Thanks, Moon.
Funny thing is, when Art showed me a photo of the raw hat body, it was very unimpressive.
I asked him if he was sure it could be turned into a decent hat. Art said yes and he was right!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Moon.
Funny thing is, when Art showed me a photo of the raw hat body, it was very unimpressive.
I asked him if he was sure it could be turned into a decent hat. Art said yes and he was right!

hell yeah he was
that is a special piece right there

I keep coming back to look at it

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!
Happy Sunday to all.
Bob, love the milan.
Bowlerman, that virtuoso looks awesone
Trevi, the RS looks lie it was made for you.
T Jones, great hat and photo.

Even though it was warm and muggy and a great day for straw, I wore my Original No. 6 with new and improved ribbon. This was more the color I wanted all along, got it by mixing the brilliant and navy blue dyes. Gives a bit of contrast without the eye-burning brightness. Thanks again to Esther for the brim binding tips. While this one is far from perfect, it came out much better than previous attempts, and it looks nice enough for me to enjoy.

62a20ba453e088c9c6a6349656c99e1d.jpg
165af8252b636bda6957b8366dcb4518.jpg

As much of a pain as this 9/16" ribbon is to bind with, couldn't imagine doing it with 3/8". At least not without LOTS of practice.

Have a great evening!:)

Beautiful dye job.

Great weekend display, gents (and lady!). Moe, that blue number looks better everytime I see it. A +2 on Dave's semi-colado and also Moon's Davis. Too many to mention as I've been off and about this weekend, mostly lurking on here from the sidelines. It has been quite the hat weekend for me, though. Got a new sweat sewn into my wife's Adam Milan and gave two new projects naphtha baths yesterday.

My refurb Dalton's have been getting a lot of noggin time over the past two weeks. Very pleased with this project.

IMG_1183.JPG IMG_1186.JPG

Photo on the right is closest to the actual color. Sort of an olive/sage thing going on.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Doing some thrift store hunting in the Davis... Yup the same hat from a few posts back... We got a thang goin on

Fruno , Esther, Strapped, hato, Case- all looking good like I knew you would... U guys inspire me

89094d118a04f2e79a436a087977176d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara