Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
That reminds me of phrases I heard growing up as a french kid near Woonsocket RI.
- a buck tree eighty ($3.80)
- on Wensdee, I make my stores (grocery shopping on Wednesday)
- Pick up your room
- Hey kid, da next time you go tru my yaad, go aroun!

I miss those times.

Roger
Down in Da Swamp, the denizens have their own way of tawkin':

"Makin' groceries" (grocery shopping)
"Neutral ground" (what civilized places call a median)
"Heart" (pronounced "Hawt," short for "sweetheart," I guess: "Listen, hawt, I got to go make groceries")
"Your mom'n'em's house" ("The dwelling where your mother and her relatives reside")
"Where y'at" ("How are you," not "Where are you located")
"Baby" (as used between adults, where the speaker is usually female, often black, and may or may not be older than the person she's addressing: "You jus' wait right there, baby")

Anyway, great hats, everybody!

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Tommy & Eric
those Playboys are fierce!!!
Love'em

a Playboy is next on my list... I told myself no more hats until I get a Playboy

Luckily I have my eye on one...

I was going to wear another Strat today... But I decided to break out the Schoble
...as always just happy to be part of the fold

6087c76eba70489a77f51e007366d4aa.jpg

56cc3c03387a6dddc9424ceab960fda3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g.durand

One Too Many
Down in Da Swamp, the denizens have their own way of tawkin':

"Makin' groceries" (grocery shopping)
"Neutral ground" (what civilized places call a median)
"Heart" (pronounced "Hawt," short for "sweetheart," I guess: "Listen, hawt, I got to go make groceries")
"Your mom'n'em's house" ("The dwelling where your mother and her relatives reside")
"Where y'at" ("How are you," not "Where are you located")
"Baby" (as used between adults, where the speaker is usually female, often black, and may or may not be older than the person she's addressing: "You jus' wait right there, baby")

Anyway, great hats, everybody!

You're making me homesick!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon, good choice. You answered the call. It made me think of this, a hat once owned by John Bonham.
http://www.julienslive.com/images/lot/1716/171622_0.jpg

wow ... I had never seen him in that hat

funny though as I looked in the mirror before I left for the studio I immediately thought of John Henry .... though I always think of him in the bowler ... something about the reflection that looked back at me reminded me of my long time hero

I'll take it !!

Tommy & Eric
those Playboys are fierce!!!
Love'em

a Playboy is next on my list... I told myself no more hats until I get a Playboy

Luckily I have my eye on one...

I was going to wear another Strat today... But I decided to break out the Schoble
...as always just happy to be part of the fold

Aaah, that's the stuff. Looks good, my friend.

I found you a new T-shirt.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!

Realized I forgot to post the last couple days. Borso Como and Battrson, should anyone be curious.
While waiting for a minor reshape on a new to me straw to set, I'm going with the Chilla from Manila today.

7efd5f6a89dc348b220c28b127335be3.jpg
3bf90c79d4413fcbc674f9a033ddbc75.jpg

Have a great day!

Moe ANOTHER super straw! Just amazing, man...

Eric there is absolutely no room for improvement. You are at the zenith of hat greatness, sir!!

Moon, the Schoble shines!! Seriously, nobody has done a Hommy better than you! Try a few side pinches (front or full length) to mix it up, but only for variety, because it's already completely right on you.

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon, the Schoble shines!! Seriously, nobody has done a Hommy better than you! Try a few side pinches (front or full length) to mix it up, but only for variety, because it's already completely right on you.

thank you man .. that means a lot ... seriously

I had the four finger dents in the sides ... just looked a little narrow for me from straight on

....just looked a little narrow for me from straight on

That's why a couple of gentle frontals might work better. Just caress them into the hat, while you're alone with it... :eyebrows:

Seriously styling that Strat, Matt!! Classic, conservative, POWERFUL; especially with that power tie.

Last edited:

ingineer

One Too Many
my simple contribution to all these splendid covers.
Adventurer. Buy the Fed instead

and a beret also from Daan

i like Eric's method "One is none, two will do, three is glee"

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
That's why a couple of gentle frontals might work better. Just caress them into the hat, while you're alone with it... :eyebrows:

Seriously styling that Strat, Matt!! Classic, conservative, POWERFUL; especially with that power tie.

Glad you noticed my "power knot" LOL. I just love this hat, I may be buried in it. Very excited for my next project though because Bob at Black Sheep is making a strat clone for me that I am sure will be awesome, but its hard to beat having a vintage one

g.durand

One Too Many
g.durand, I'd trade your climate for mine in a second.

I hear you. If we could only get the culture of the Swamp and the climate of the Bay Area together in one place.

So many hats to comment on...I'll just say Esther, I'm with the others on the camel coat, and moon, that is a fine new look for you.

Wearing old No. 1 today.
IMG_6848_zpsinflts9i.jpg

IMG_5145-1_zpswjl6vczc.jpg

Ol' Number one looks like a MILLION Mike!

Richard both lids work great, and I really like how you do the beret - masterfully!!

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Ol' Number one looks like a MILLION Mike!

I'm not really a plus one'r ... but damn .... +1
that thing is ridiculous Michael ... and thank you for the compliment ... that style is all new to me

Historyteach that Strat is a thing of beauty ... a man after my own heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner