Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Looking sharp, everyone!

Life on the coast....sweating through straws yesteray, shivering in my velour today.
3XBQ c.1950 Stetson Fuzzy Bunny (for lack of a model name!)

94e54125ee34696b8a8f319023235ba0.jpg

Have a great day!

EstherWeis

Vendor
First day with my new to me super lid - The Tardy :cool:

That is a seriously cool hat!
My man loved it! I suspect I'm making one that looks alike soon!

Esther - It looks like it's getting cold where you are. Love the color coordination and that huge button. Very cool.

Thank you Mr. Suave!
Yes it's quite cold for the time of year. There was even some snow in the Ardens yesterday.
One would think Belgium with it's mild climate!

@Esther: Very nice Fedora Style hat

Thank you!

Esther you look snug as a bug in rug in there.

Merci bien Monsieur!

Esther, Stylish Gray Beaver hat! Like the wide brim and ribbon.

Thank you, they call the colour "natural"
It's a taupy/brown/grey depending on the light.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Many thanks, Bobby. This hat nearly made me single again. I left a New Years Eve Event to Bid on it because I had yet to set up a sniping account, and this was something of a special item to add to my collection. Bid, won, (getting my only vintage bargain ever) and returned to the dinner within 35 minutes. She was still fit to be tied...

Ha. Lol. Cant blame her. But certainly I can't blame you. Any of us would do the same thing in a heartbeat for that hat. :)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Charlie, Bob, Richard, Moe, Steve, impressive display of lids. You guys look great.

Why do I look so unhappy in these pictures? It's because I'm wearing this butt ugly Stagecoach Turkey Creek I just got! I look like I'm wearing a chimney on my head! Evidently, I'm a 7 1/4 after all. This 7 1/8 ELO is way too tight. But that's okay. Sorry, Joao. This hat is going to get a major overhaul! Not sure yet if I'll keep it Western at this point....it's ugly! Stagecoaches with their tall 6 1/2 inches crowns do make for excellent conversions, though.

Stagecoach_brn_2_A.jpg

Stagecoach_brn_1_A.jpg

Stagecoach_hat_1.jpg

Stagecoach_hat_2.jpg

Stagecoach_hat_3.jpg

This Indy conversion was once a Stagecoach of the same color and style as the hat above...

Stagecoach_Indy_me_3_B.jpg

Stagecoach_Indy_1_B.jpg

ingineer

One Too Many
Bob ; All hats are fishing hats!
and thanks forgot to add the essential touch

i have great practice in removing these from my brothers ears.
maybe this might be a better solution to the lack of the trolley

Fantastic hats today guys, and great backstory, too, Charlie.

Killer conversion TJ!!

Moehawk and Charlie thanks for the props on my thrift store milan. Moehawk, the gold square size tag would suggest 60s or 70s, and the ribbon, a nice shade of doo doo brown with mustard yellow, orange, and turquoise pinstripes makes me lean toward 70s. It was nearly 90 here today, so I wore it again. It is amazingly light weight and breezy.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Why do I look so unhappy in these pictures? It's because I'm wearing this butt ugly Stagecoach Turkey Creek I just got! I look like I'm wearing a chimney on my head! Evidently, I'm a 7 1/4 after all. This 7 1/8 ELO is way too tight. But that's okay. Sorry, Joao. This hat is going to get a major overhaul! Not sure yet if I'll keep it Western at this point....it's ugly! Stagecoaches with their tall 6 1/2 inches crowns do make for excellent conversions, though.

I rarely see you happy when wearing a hat. Anyway it's your hat, do whatever you want with it.

Terry;
It just needs some Lisboa sunshine on it
Not even that would change Terry mind. Anyway, his hat, not mine.
It only values mine even more.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Late to the party on the Homburg Challenge, but here's a few shots. Can't wear it tomorrow as I'm expecting another one (or two - shhh!) to arrive at the office tomorrow and plan to wear one home.

Noggin shot
662b1124ab75f64322827f14a4a72e66.jpg

From the top
2ec493a863e058ab2cb7e8306ffaca05.jpg

And an interior shot. The thing is SO pristine that it's hard to tell it's been worn if looked at from the inside. The bound edge shows wear that proves it's been worn, but well-cared-for.
163b8e9d2ad275f40d17ebd67cc3bd96.jpg

Last edited:
...Can't wear it tomorrow as I'm expecting another one (or two - shhh!) to arrive at the office tomorrow and plan to wear one home.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Thanks for sharing that, Mark. I BURST out laughing!

We rent some space in our office to a physician; another grown man, like me and you. He has his vintage guitars shipped there, not home. We're all the same... :cheers1:shhhhhhhh

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Late to the party on the Homburg Challenge, but here's a few shots. Can't wear it tomorrow as I'm expecting another one (or two - shhh!) to arrive at the office tomorrow and plan to wear one home.

just a fantastic hat ... and it looks amazing on you

...and I'm guilty of having my hats shipped to my studio (raises hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff