Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning loungers. Excellent captures of your hats being worn the past couple days.

This cool morning, 48'F at 8:00am, found me in a Filson wool jacket and a Cordova Cap.

i-QGZSGcH-S.jpg

I had to run over to our local coffee roaster to pick-up fresh roasted coffee and wore my Champs lightweight. The blue/gray felt color makes it easy to wear.

i-sgZKBkp-M.jpg

i-NJ5GZ4L-M.jpg

I spent some time this morning cleaning straw hats and boxing/packing them up tip next spring.

i-WTGfSdP-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I agree, I'm not even near as good as you guys are.
But practice makes perfect, right?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

absolutely

I learned everything I know from watching g.durand, TommyK, Eric, Alan, hato , etc etc

this is the place to learn

I have missed some great hats and caps the last two days. Congrats to all!

Alan, Charlie, Harv, Bob, Thank you for the complements on my old Wilke Velour from Friday!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Good morning loungers. Excellent captures of your hats being worn the past couple days.

This cool morning, 48'F at 8:00am, found me in a Filson wool jacket and a Cordova Cap.

i-QGZSGcH-S.jpg

I had to run over to our local coffee roaster to pick-up fresh roasted coffee and wore my Champs lightweight. The blue/gray felt color makes it easy to wear.

i-sgZKBkp-M.jpg

i-NJ5GZ4L-M.jpg

I spent some time this morning cleaning straw hats and boxing/packing them up tip next spring.

i-WTGfSdP-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Some beautiful hats you have there SBG.:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Sunday is busy. Early afternoon, to an early lunch, I wore a black/cream Cordova Cap.

i-MDpkSTb-M.jpg

Shortly ago I donned a vtg.Stetson in blue/gray felt for the dreaded shopping errands. I can not wait to sit, kick back and lift my feet up.

i-Kr8qHTw-S.jpg
i-3KhqBQR-S.jpg

Best, Eric -

g.durand

One Too Many
Esther--looks like you're going to be having fun. Congrats on getting all those goodies.

moon--thanks for the props. You're a quick study so you got into the flow here without needing much help.

Panandora, Bolero, Bob, Eric (wow, what a hat day for you!)--everyone is looking good on this Sunday.

One of the Borsalino thin-ribbons for me today.
IMG_6856_zpskonxkx2v.jpg

IMG_6853_zpsffkgzrih.jpg

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Esther, Panadora, Eric, Bob, Bolero, Michael, wonderful collection of hats everyone. You all look great.

Did some reblocking and creasing on my new Stagecoach Turkey Creek. The crown looked like a Pyramid when I first got it. I had the perfect Cattleman crease in it but the crown is so tall that it didn't look right. I needed a lower open crown for that one. This Stagecoach boasts a 6 1/2 tall open crown. I was able to straighten up the sides of the crown a bit and crease it with a Center Dent....I also put a little more roll on the front of the brim.

From this:
Stagecoach_hat_1.jpg

Stagecoach_Turkey_Creek_1.jpg

To this:
Stagecoach_TC_9.jpg

Stagecoach_TC_8.jpg

Nice reverse taper:
Stagecoach_TC_7.jpg

Stagecoach_TC_13.jpg

Stagecoach_TC_14_A.jpg

I need a dark brown ribbon no wider than 1/2 an inch.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the compliments and comments folks.

I am waiting for the groceries/supplies to be loaded in my auto and reading posts. I read/see almost all posts on this thread. The point of views, situations, hats/caps/brims are all appreciated. Like all of you posting on this thread, I wear my hats. I acquire hats/caps to wear. If I do not wear them I give them to needy heads or release them into the bigger world. I do have many hats/caps, but do not think of them as a collection, rather enjoyable headgear.

Wearing headgear as I post, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR