Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstherWeis

Vendor
I've been to Friesland ( = the dutch name) a bunch of times and didn't see any abnormal tall people. Dutch people tend to be tall all over the Netherlands, so that must be a myth.
No, I'm part German/Austrian ( where my last name comes from)/ Belgian.
I get my height/looks from my Belgian grandpa, he was a mountain of a man with hands as big as his face.
The rest is all normal length or short. Even my father is a little shorter than me.

It's not that special here in Belgium though, lots of tall blond girls around...
:)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

ingineer

One Too Many
All Frisians are tall except for those who have been shrunk by wizards Or at least it always seemed to me.
That is my heritage and wheneve i see someone from there i have to look up to them.
Sorry for the joke.
Many an arrow at random sent find mark his archer little meant

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I think I'll leave it as it is. If I can learn to appreciate stingies, I'm sure I can learn to like Westerns. I need to put on a little weight to wear them without looking like a giant push-pin in silhouette, though.:)
I appreciate stingies (I do not hate them) but they are on a league I don't buy. Some are really nice, some are... out of... they just do not look right to me. You probably notice that because I do not comment all.

Buckle will go if I start wearing it...needs a thin ribbon.
Thin or wide. Probably black or Navy blue. Burgundy if going bold.

That Western's a good look for you, moe. I think it looks better on you than any hat I've seen you wear so far.
Now this is a weird comment.

TY TJones.
Yee-haw?
I think I need practice.
With practice you'll get there.

Ohh i don't know about that, you guys all have those amazing hats that I'm slightly intimidated by.

How about I make your wife a hat?

That works, too!

Me too, but probably it's a color "hard" to wear on a western.

Maybe for a western "show" hat. Couldn't see it out on the range, but it looks great out front of an exotic bird emporium in Connecticut.

Out for Saturday errands and a coffee date with my sister.

IMG_1582.JPG

Wearing a Dalton in Dayton

javadave61

Practically Family
Looks like everyone's having fun here on the Lounge today. Nice variety all around.

I picked up my fourth thin ribbon silverbelly at a thrift store recently with a CD in Silverbelly on the way. So I figured I could afford to take one of them and go mid ribbon. Here's a Stetson Tulsa (OR made for Sheplers) with a brown 7/8" ribbon.

2015-10-17_16.29.53.jpg 2015-10-17_16.28.38.jpg

EstherWeis

Vendor
Looks very nice! I like the colour of the ribbon with the jacket.

And thanks for the like too!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Nothing wrong with a compromise....

90597b4cbb715b9d8c8caadb6729d111.jpg
a14b016e9179602219e2b3a1dd91313e.jpg

Fuzzy Bunny with cattleman. Looks better to me than my OR with similar crease.
Now all I need is another category of hat to get hooked on. I guess boaters will be next...

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I missed Fawcett Friday yesterday, but making up for it today with my Silvermist ArtLite - perfect hat for the high 70's temps today.

smugshot_8353039-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff