Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
20151027_131619-1.jpg

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Today I wore my Stetson 100 on top of my gold-plated Whippet...too bad tapatalk isn't up yet or I'd show the pics...:) Actually, with some strange wet stuff coming from the sky today, I went with Original Number 6, my navy beaver homage to the OR. Rain had mostly stopped by the time I went out, but what little fell on me was promptly blocked. No wonder beavers are so fond of their fur...

40Cal

One Too Many
Yes, I prefer tapatalk too.
This keeps turning my picture on it's side... Can't seem to turn it round.

Also! I can't seem to get my dents symmetrical with hand bashing.
Any tips guys?

View attachment 37125
View attachment 37134

the weather was so nice here so i took my bycycle for errands. this guy stays put no matter the weather/wind.
Can you spot the castle behind me?

have a good day guys
I keep redoing my dents til they look symmetrical on the hat stand and then hold the hat and look at it in the mirror. The reversed mirror image will show how far off from each other the dents are. What castle is that Esther?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I prefer tapatalk too.
This keeps turning my picture on it's side... Can't seem to turn it round.

Also! I can't seem to get my dents symmetrical with hand bashing.
Any tips guys?

View attachment 37125
View attachment 37134

the weather was so nice here so i took my bycycle for errands. this guy stays put no matter the weather/wind.
Can you spot the castle behind me?

have a good day guys

I hate symmetrical dents ... too many times it makes the hat look like one of those horrible block bashed hats

back when men were men and wore hats they bashed the crown tapped in some dents and went on their way

symmetry too often steal a hats character

just my 1.5 cents

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I hate symmetrical dents ... too many times it makes the hat look like one of those horrible block bashed hats

back when men were men and wore hats they bashed the crown tapped in some dents and went on their way

symmetry too often steal a hats character

just my 1.5 cents
You would love my creases then because I can NEVER get creases to line up. It does add character LOL

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Today I wore my Stetson 100 on top of my gold-plated Whippet...too bad tapatalk isn't up yet or I'd show the pics...:) Actually, with some strange wet stuff coming from the sky today, I went with Original Number 6, my navy beaver homage to the OR. Rain had mostly stopped by the time I went out, but what little fell on me was promptly blocked. No wonder beavers are so fond of their fur...
You can do it on the Lounge format. If I could anybody could!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Too bad the Lounge format can't actually put those hats on my head...and stop rubbing it in that you figured out posting pics before I did :(. You had a few more hours to mess with it before I could see it well enough. Still can't wait for tapatalk support so I don't have to size down my pics.

EstherWeis

Vendor
My attempts to crease a hat are worst than an amateur
lol

I think that in Europe handbashing isn't common.
First of all the felt/stiffener that is produced/used here isn't ideal for that. The only quality i actually think I get a decent result in is the Canadian beaver capelines I have.

Most hats you buy here are blocked a certain shape and it's meant to keep it that way.
I do agree that your hat is a lot more versatile if you can handbash, yet I also like a very clean line on a hat.
It might also be different with women's hats. But I haven't seen a lot of handbashable hats in Europe.

Well, everything seems to be up and running. I'm sure there are bugs to work out, but at least we're all back in the same place.

What if the FL went away? Would the lack of a synergistic community have a measurable effect on hat sales? eBay activity? Hmmmm....

Still wading through the remnants of Patricia. Today, my first vintage purchase, a Disney 20 originally sold at Washer Brothers in the Worth of Forts, Texas. BTW, speaking of FTW, David, that Adam is spectacular!

zzrSHRim.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner