Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiltie

Practically Family
Here's that Camp Draft...

...I just got ( and showed on "New Hats" ).

IMG_0896.jpg

This is the third pic I've posted from someone else's bathroom or the restroom of a business. That's...just not right.

I woke up this morning to find it smelling of cedar flavored smoke and dusted with ashes:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_0893.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_0892.jpg

But it did a fine job in it's first practical application ( not stone cold, but low 40's high 30's at about 1am ).
As a bonus, here's the steaming contraption described in "New Hats" -

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_0891.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
kiltie said:
...I just got ( and showed on "New Hats" ).
IMG_0896.jpg

This is the third pic I've posted from someone else's bathroom or the restroom of a business. That's...just not right.
I woke up this morning to find it smelling of cedar flavored smoke and dusted with ashes:...
Nice CampDraft, Kiltie.

I once watched a gent catch the soles of his shoes on fire while doing this at a BSA campout. Self-inflicted HOTFOOT
IMG_0892.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Boxerken said:
Wearing a Penman for Nashville's annual blizzard.

DSC01504.jpg

Good looking hat, Ken. I really like that Penman. I may have to add him to my list of hatters for this year.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RBH said:
I really like the looks of the pinch on this one!!!

And the crease is my favorite style!!

IMG_0889.jpg

Well done!!

That's really a good looking diamond. Whose hat is that?

kiltie

Practically Family
I once watched a gent catch the soles of his shoes on fire while doing this at a BSA campout. Self-inflicted HOTFOOT .

Truth be told, I've had these RedWings for about eight or so years, and I have, in fact, softened the soles in a similar situation. I've been a lot more careful since then ;) . I really only had my feet up for the pic and warned a couple other folks of the dangers of the self-inflicted hotfoot from firsthand experience.:eusa_doh:

Beyond that, thanks RBH. You, sir, certainly have one of the nicer assortments of this style of hat, so I consider your compliments high marks.

Dundee

A-List Customer
Snowy Sunday

This was an unusual day in Georgia. This is what I wore to Church. The Fed IV did very well.

DCP_3173.jpg

portolan

A-List Customer
Wore this one clear across America today, from Tampa

to San Diego. Tampa was stormy and cold....San Diego is sunny and hot...This one now has deeper side vents and a tighter pinch. It is a fur felt from Colonel Littleton, one of the first hats I ever bought.

Philhat.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
J.T.Marcus said:
Vintage Hatters Inc. Fort Worth. (Near mint!)

P1070155.jpg

Great hats everyone -- but, J.T., I gotta single you out. Man, this lid and the vintage custom you posted recently are just killer. Love those wide bindings. This lid looks great on you -- nicely done! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran