Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!
I can play Hats From Other Loungers too!
I could go with Lizzie the Borden from Fruno, but she's a bit manky smelling from wearing her during that long Dodger series (3 out of 4 aint bad!) Or that sweet old Marathon from ofcoursemyhorse. But, the weather today just Beggs for a straw, so I'm going with this funky porky paisley pugged Thomas Begg milan I got many moons ago (see what I did there?) from a drummer in Jersey. Thanks again moon!

6bd030f85699bccfa645aeb06e2c416e.jpg
794e1fab479a1481695062b697002b33.jpg
97abd5806b1f0aeacc80e08732ca076a.jpg

Have a great day!:)
Edit: didn't mean to leave 3 lids from DOGMAN off the list, including the nice black Adam I wore to kick off baseball season. I was just in a hurry to use the Begg pun.

Amongst the BEST!!!

EstherWeis

Vendor
But a Whole Lot Prettier ! Beautiful Esther !
Aw thx!
Very striking hat, looks great with your coloring.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate that.
Ah, blue grey. Neither my monitor nor my eyes are the best with color. In any case, I'm guessing the lighter color binding makes the body of the hat appear somewhat darker than it actually is. And for me, if it were thinner it would look like added decoration. Being wider it appears to be part of the hat. If that makes any sense.

Michael
Everyone views color differently, i have a longstanding discussion with my dad about a sweater I bought him.
he says it's green, I say it's grey.
I get what you are saying. It bothers me when I look at it, but not when I put it on. Weird huh!
the red is gorgeous !!!

the blue/grey is also great ... love bash on that one as well as the contrasting ribbon
Thank you moon! High praise :) it's all those hat- bashing video's I keep watching.
I'll give a thumbs up for the wide brim binding. Not many hats have the wider binding any more, so it stands out. I think it's a great look.
Thank you! I do it often on a woman's hat. I haven't really seen it much on a men's one.
I like it, Esther. Great color combination, and as Mark said, I like that wide brim binding. Nice work on the crown blocking!
Aw thx! I'm learning from the best. And I find that I enjoy tweaking creases untill they are just right.
Esther, I find both hats striking. I like the wide brim binding and color combos on that hat. Though a woman with a straight razor scares me.
I don't actually have a beard, nor do I use a straight razor :)
Thank you, I try. The red one is a hat allright eh? I get stares if I wear that one...
Well, it's only a head shot. :oops:

I'm with Mark and Harv. You don't see the wider brim bindings like that anymore. I really like it.

Thanks Fruno! It takes a bit more work to bind, maybe that's why they are becoming rare.
And if you most know, us Belgians aren't very hairy :)
It looks great, Esther. Beautiful colors and form. How wide is the brim? How about the binding?

By the way, the red hat is a stunner.

Aw thx Matt! I learned a helluva lot watching the bashing video's.
The brim is 6,5 cm and the binding is 1,3cm.
Yeah the red one is quite red isn't it :)

Esther – Incredible hat. That color suits you.

I think the ribbon is too light and I’m not sure why. I usually like contrasting colors. It is a beautiful hat. I don’t mind how wide it is. Could just be me.

Thank you!
Red is a tough color to pull off as a blondie. Can't wear it with my glasses either.
Yes I see what you're saying.
I can't put my finger on it either, but it's there...

Last edited:
Esther – Incredible hat. That color suits you.

I think the ribbon is too light and I’m not sure why. I usually like contrasting colors. It is a beautiful hat. I don’t mind how wide it is. Could just be me.

GHT – Awesome hats/dresser and a poet as well.

Strapped – Great ensemble as usual.

1mach1 – Awesome hat.

Java – Looks sharp.

Hato – Always great to see that smiling face under the best crowns in town.

Fruno – You know how to wear a hat. Great ribbon.

MM – Aren’t those vita-felt premiers unbelievably light. They are awesome.

Bob – Matches your car roof!

Gabe – Great hat. Nice crown.

Balding – Looks like it is still cold there. Same here in Mass.

Lt. – THAT is a great ensemble. Like the colors on that hat.

Balding – AHHHHHHHHHH. No coffee!!!

Knotten – We are surrounded by word smiths. With great hats.

Johnny – Great hat.

40Cal – As usual, the coolest hat.

My no-name velour. I think 30’s but am unsure. Super light.
View attachment 48226 View attachment 48227
Sharp as always MB!

Tommy that Clear Beaver takes my breath away! (don't tell my wife).

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Thx Kirk. Looks sharp. I'll b breaking mine out soon.

Anytime Bob....it has been a cold spring to say the least. Just got to break my straws out. Usually around these parts they come out at the end of March. and our weather this week has gone from warm one day, cool the next. I just wish that I could pull off the upturned brim the way that you do my friend.

Kirk

Rands western fedora.
4eb493d0101efd1aa9fc8ecf6b26db7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lt. I don't recall if you listed them with your OP when you got that Rand or not, but what are the specs on your western fedora? That is a sharp looking hat & you wear it well. I have a Rand 10X with a 3-1/4" brim with binding & thin ribbon I could rebash.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Thank you very much Michael.

I am indeed talking about the second one.
It is actually a blue grey. I was sort of not convinced on the wide binding.
Isn't it too wide?
My intention with this is a men's hat, there for I'd thought I'd ask here.
Its beautiful, looks like a hat stolen from a 1940's movie.

Love it, but I like wide brims and wide ribbons..and blue hats.....

I am getting a Powder Blue from Gannon,

And the red one,,,,,, well it is beautiful and looks gorgeouss on you

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Back to the Hilhouse today, but the straws are in waiting for later in the week.
P1170835 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Spring is finally getting here. And real spring too, according to the forecast, not instant summer.
4-14-2016 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Another day of really outstanding hats here. Though I was in heaven yesterday or whenever it was that had the spate of green ones. I need me a green hat.

Michael

EstherWeis

Vendor
Its beautiful, looks like a hat stolen from a 1940's movie.

Love it, but I like wide brims and wide ribbons..and blue hats.....

I am getting a Powder Blue from Gannon,

And the red one,,,,,, well it is beautiful and looks gorgeouss on you

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Thank you!
I'm trying to perfect my skills in the men's hat department.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Anytime Bob....it has been a cold spring to say the least. Just got to break my straws out. Usually around these parts they come out at the end of March. and our weather this week has gone from warm one day, cool the next. I just wish that I could pull off the upturned brim the way that you do my friend.

Kirk
Thx Kirk. Just gotta fool around with it and how you wear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24