Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
"Oh, I could write a sonnet, about your Easter bonnet"

This hat was worn for our Saturday Easter service, but not when singing with the choir onstage.This vintage 40s topper has great, very full intact veiling and I like the little quills with the feathers. Though for some reason the pic is not so good, as the veiling sortof makes my nose disappear!
361137899.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
3429665431_a45fcd4e4e.jpg
Nice, Carter. I like the felt/ribbon color scheme on that one. Just out of curiousity, how did you come by that hat? Can you tell us anything about Oklahoma Hatters? (If I recall, I believe that gtd may have a lid from them, as well).
Cheers,
JtL
Jimmy, This hat was listed on Ebay by Oklahoma Hatters and closed with no bids. I contacted the seller and offered to BIN at their opening.They relisted as a BIN and I snapped it up. This is the only fedoraesque hat I've seen from them. They make western hats.

Goose.

Practically Family
Torpedo said:
Beautiful photo, IC. I like how the sun drew out those red reflections in your wife's hat, that combine with the dress overall tone! :)
10-4 Torpedo. Great pic.

As for me, my Easter bonnet was going to be my Federation IV Moon.
Went for the Homburg instead.

HAPPY "FESITIVUS" to all!!!

510867710_NQmP8-L.jpg

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
chanteuseCarey said:
This hat was worn for our Saturday Easter service, but not when singing with the choir onstage.This vintage 40s topper has great, very full intact veiling and I like the little quills with the feathers. Though for some reason the pic is not so good, as the veiling sortof makes my nose disappear!
361137899.jpg
Looks great to me...with a darker background, you'd come off as very mysterious...The Lady in Red (hat). Perhaps not the impression you want to give for Easter service, but it looks great nonetheless.

Goose.

Practically Family
indycop said:
Great hat Handlebarless, but how do you keep it clean? I would have that dirty just looking at it!:eek:

Goose that homburg works!
HA HA HA!!! "Handlebarless"....what a hoot!!!! Now, THAT is funny!!!!

Thanks Indy Cop. It really goes against the grain for element protection, which is why I started wearing hats, yet it is quickly becoming my "go to" hat.

Happy Easter Brother...
Goose.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Goose. said:
HA HA HA!!! "Handlebarless"....what a hoot!!!! Now, THAT is funny!!!!

Thanks Indy Cop. It really goes against the grain for element protection, which is why I started wearing hats, yet it is quickly becoming my "go to" hat.

Happy Easter Brother...
Goose.
I tend to look at homburgs and bowlers less as the formal look and more the old west knock heads look.:rolleyes: :D

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
thanks jazzncocktails...

Here's the mysterious woman hat, this one I did wear today for church for Easter services- though I must remove the hat when singing onstage with my fellow choir members. It stayed in the green room then.
where did she go??
361205546.jpg

oh, there she is...
361205557.jpg

jazzncocktails said:
Looks great to me...with a darker background, you'd come off as very mysterious...The Lady in Red (hat). Perhaps not the impression you want to give for Easter service, but it looks great nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters